40 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 04:35 PM

Who would you like to do the soundtrack for Bond 20. Personally I would like to see Robbie Williams do it because I like all his songs and is probably the best solo artist around at the moment.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 08:59 PM

Bassey would be good. It would also be good, as it being the 20th Bond film.

Talking about these tracks Robbie Williams submitted, do we know what they were called? Does anyone have them by any chance? Possibly?

How about Dido? Just a thought. I'm not sure what she'd be like. What are your views?

#3 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 07:22 AM

Hi
I think that the female lead from the M People would have a suitable voice for the title theme. Her voice is deep and powerful and would sound great pumping out a good Bond theme. The theme would be great it it were in 3/4 time with a medium beat.
Do I sound off my rocker?. Please let me know.
Ian

#4 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 08:34 AM

Don't go there, Dido is crap. Here in the UK she's been thrust down our throats for the last year with the same repetitive boring song. Trust me she's as far from bond as you could imagine. Note: Jamiroquai's new single 'Litttle L' is out in the Uk on 13 August and their new Album '2001 A Funk Oddyssey' on Sep 3. And for those of you in Oz I think the dates are similar. There is also rumour they will do a tour of Oz for the first time. If I hear more I'll tell you.

#5 Tanner

Tanner

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 07:07 AM

I get the impression that the Bond producers aren't particularly keen on involving Robbie Williams in any capacity, and I have (very) vague recollections of a past interview with someone from EON who claimed that they were a bit peeved with the way RW borrowed iconic Bond imagery for his Millennium video, and that this, more than anything else, has prevented him from being a Bond Title Song singer. I think he's dug his own grave there.

Jamiroquai is a good suggestion though. It's about time they had a male vocalist for a Brosnan Bond.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 30 June 2001 - 08:55 AM

mrmoon (29 Jun, 2001 09:25 p.m.):

Dave (29 Jun, 2001 09:00 p.m.):
I've never heard a Jamiroquai song, what one would you recommend that I listen to? Do any sound "Bondish"?

I'm surprised you haven't heard 'Deeper Underground'. That got to number one in '98. It was written for the Godzilla movie. I suppose that's pretty bondish. They haven't done any specifically bondish songs but I know the band inside out and I know they are keen, and believe me they could pull it off. Lead singer JK is a huge Bond fan, like Arnold he is familiar with the style and would bring a retro 70's vibe to the theme. Also Arnold scored 'Godzilla' so he is aware of Jamiroquai's potential. See if you can borrow one of their albums from a friend.

I'll try and get that song - Deeper Underground. I'll let you know what I think.

#7 Tanner

Tanner

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 08:53 AM

Blue Eyes (02 May, 2001 01:52 p.m.):

Not saying you're a liar or aynthing, but that's the firs time I've heard of EON saying such a thing!

A liar, eh? Bit harsh! As I said... it was a "vague" recollection but I definitely read an article prior to the release of TWINE to that effect.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 12:52 PM

Tanner (01 May, 2001 08:07 a.m.):
I get the impression that the Bond producers aren't particularly keen on involving Robbie Williams in any capacity, and I have (very) vague recollections of a past interview with someone from EON who claimed that they were a bit peeved with the way RW borrowed iconic Bond imagery for his Millennium video, and that this, more than anything else, has prevented him from being a Bond Title Song singer. I think he's dug his own grave there.

Jamiroquai is a good suggestion though. It's about time they had a male vocalist for a Brosnan Bond.

Not saying you're a liar or aynthing, but that's the firs time I've heard of EON saying such a thing!

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 03:10 AM

Well I'll look out for her and comment then :)

#10 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 01:24 PM

Judging by all the comments made I think you guys have lost the plot. Listen to an old hand like me. When it comes to Bond songs, always remember the THREE B's:

BIG

BRASSY

and....BASSEY !!!.

Now please remember this...I'm going to conduct an exam later.

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 08:00 AM

Not at all Ian! :) I remember their album, something to do with fruit, which I cant' find anywhere in my collection right now. Like all my CD's it's ineviatably gone walk abouts.

But she did have a loud/brassy quality. I think you could be onto something there!

#12 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 09:06 AM

Hey, she's ok. Th reason why we had (I think you mean "Thankyou") down our throat for so long, is because EMINEM used it in one of his crappy songs.

She's ok, I just think her voice would suit being a Bond singer. Dan, try using AudioGalaxy to download some of her songs.

#13 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 08:09 AM

Thank you Blue Eyes.
It's just that when my friend sticks on the CD her voice instantly creates a Bondian sound that we haven't heard for a while.
I think that EON may plumb for a male voice though this time. What do you think?.

#14 Tanner

Tanner

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 07:07 AM

mrmoon (01 May, 2001 08:27 p.m.):
Thanks Tanner thats the first time someones agreed that Jamiroquai would be a good choice. Although I'm biased being a massive fan I really do think they'd do a great job. Their new single 'Little L' is out in july and their new album '2001:A Funk Oddyssey' is out in august. Go and buy them.

"Deeper Underground" was the best thing about that dreadful Godzilla remake!!!

#15 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 01:21 PM

Tanner (16 May, 2001 08:53 a.m.):

Blue Eyes (02 May, 2001 01:52 p.m.):

A liar, eh? Bit harsh! As I said... it was a "vague" recollection but I definitely read an article prior to the release of TWINE to that effect.

I said not saying you're a liar!!!!

It's just a very hard and unusual line for EON to take.

#16 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:39 PM

What other songs have Jamiroquai made, I might have heard them.

#17 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:35 PM

I've probably heard and liked a few of their songs but never knew it was them who made it. I'm certain I've heard the Godzilla one because I got it on video so I will have to check it out soon.

#18 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:33 PM

I've probably heard and liked a few of their songs but never knew it was them who made it. I'm certain I've heard the Godzilla one because I got it on video so I will have to check it out soon.

#19 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 11:03 AM

Your a bit obsessed with Jamiroquai Mr Moon.
I am actually making this post from an internet bar in cyprus on holiday so I won't be on the site much so I expect to see a lot of news when I get back.

#20 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Tanner thats the first time someones agreed that Jamiroquai would be a good choice. Although I'm biased being a massive fan I really do think they'd do a great job. Their new single 'Little L' is out in july and their new album '2001:A Funk Oddyssey' is out in august. Go and buy them.

#21 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:25 PM

Dave (29 Jun, 2001 09:00 p.m.):
I've never heard a Jamiroquai song, what one would you recommend that I listen to? Do any sound "Bondish"?

I'm surprised you haven't heard 'Deeper Underground'. That got to number one in '98. It was written for the Godzilla movie. I suppose that's pretty bondish. They haven't done any specifically bondish songs but I know the band inside out and I know they are keen, and believe me they could pull it off. Lead singer JK is a huge Bond fan, like Arnold he is familiar with the style and would bring a retro 70's vibe to the theme. Also Arnold scored 'Godzilla' so he is aware of Jamiroquai's potential. See if you can borrow one of their albums from a friend.

#22 Pierce Brosnan

Pierce Brosnan

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 08:50 PM

shirley bassey again is mij anwser

#23 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 09:14 PM

er yeah Widnes is between Liverpool & Manchester. And I'm not to sure but I think Wilmslow is about 30 miles away from Widnes near Handforth & Knutsford isn't it.

#24 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 07:30 PM

I'm telling you, Jamiroquai should definately do it. Mr.Trump you should have heard them. Is the widnes you live in, the one between manchester and liverpool. If so I'm from wilmslow maybe you know where that is.

#25 Pierce Brosnan

Pierce Brosnan

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 08:51 PM

shirley bassey again is my anwser

#26 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 10:11 PM

As long as David Arnold composes the score, I don't much care whose tonsils warble the theme song, though I do feel that after she was bumped from opening theme to closing theme on TND, k.d. lang maybe deserves another shot.

#27 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 05:04 PM

Robbie Williams is a good singer, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to come up with a good Bond 20 sound track.

He's a complete Bond fanatic, but I think we'd need to hear a few more Bond style songs.

On this note, have you heard Karma Killer - It's a superb song! I love it.

#28 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:00 PM

mrmoon (29 Jun, 2001 08:49 p.m.):
Mr.Trump have you heard Jamiroquai. They are amazing. There new singles out in august, I heard it this morning and it's brilliant. They would do the best theme ever. Check out one of their 4 albums there full of bass.

I've heard of them but never actually heard a song they've made.

#29 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 02:46 AM

[b]Dave (11 Jun, 2001 09:59 p.m.):[/b

How about Dido? Just a thought. I'm not sure what she'd be like. What are your views?

Dido could be a good choice, I liked the theme tune she did for Roswell.

Another idea would be Bon Jovi who could do do more of a rockish soundtrack.

#30 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 06:35 PM

Dave (28 Apr, 2001 06:04 p.m.):
Robbie Williams is a good singer, but I'm not sure if he'd be able to come up with a good Bond 20 sound track.

He's a complete Bond fanatic, but I think we'd need to hear a few more Bond style songs.

On this note, have you heard Karma Killer - It's a superb song! I love it.

Yes I have heard Karma Killer, I think it's a great song and a bit different from the usual Robbie song so I think he could change his song a bit to make it more Bond.