4 replies to this topic

#1 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:37 PM

Was watching a CH4 documentary last night about Simon Dee & midway though the show something was mentioned about George Lazenby being on one of his shows & something unsavioury accuring..anyone know the facts about this??
Aparently the show is 'lost' so no clips were shown.

#2 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:48 PM

Can you enlighten those of us across the pond? Who is Simon Dee?

What sort of show is it? Chat show? AM or PM?

But to answer your question, I haven't heard anything about it - and I'm a huge Lazenby fan.

#3 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:11 PM

Well Simon Dee was sort of a David Letterman of the BBC in the late 1960's but after a bust up with the basses at the Beeb found himself switching channels but it was a disaster & one of his last shows George Lazenby was a guest & while on the show something happened..thats all I know i suspect it was some kind of Anti war thing.When he should have been promoting On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

#4 Dene

Dene

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 07:12 PM

I saw this too and was intrigued by it.

Basically, George Lazenby was a guest on Dee's late night LWT show in 1970, but midway through the interview he started listing who all was (allegedly) in on the Kennedy assassination! I mean, an actual rambling list of people from what I could gather. Dee was unable to control him and became a scapegoat for the farrago.

The explanation of why Lazenby lost the plot was, almost certainly for legal reasons, edited out but words to the effect of "before the show, someone had given him..." and "...this eventually kicked in" made it to the programme.

One of the interviewees on the show last night was credited as being Dee's 'biographer', so there may be some more information out there somewhere about this incident. But it was 33 years ago, so who really knows what happened or whether it's true?

Funnily enough, there are a lot of similarities between Simon Dee's and George Lazenby's careers.

#5 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 08:12 PM

Well Dene is absolutely right intrigueing stuff..have been trying to look into press archieves but had no sucess..anyone who comes across the interview please post details please.