3 replies to this topic

#1 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:12 PM

Maybe I have been listening to this soundtrack in the car too much lately, and due to traffic, I just have this thought, but here's one:

For those of you lucky people who got to see OHMSS in theaters both in 1969 and over the years, doesn't the ski chase just make you want to root for Bond to get away? Isn't the ski chase just one of those scenes where you're rooting for Bond to make it. It's very rousing and crowd-pleasing, and still the best ski chase I have ever seen done.

#2 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:37 PM

I agree, it is absolutely spectacular.

Bogner's ski cinematography, Barry's music, Hunt's direction, and Lazenby's bravado combine to form one of the series most thrilling scenes.

#3 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 03:49 PM

Right on, best ski sequence filmed.. ever, in my opinion. The music is wonderful and heroic. I get goosebumps everytime i see the scene where bond loses a ski and must proceed downhill on only one ski, then as the camera picks up and follows him barry comes back in with the OHMSS theme, love it! I've always felt like Bond was truly in a deadly situation when it comes to this chase as well, especially when he is hiding from the goons in town down below piz gloria. I mean, in other bond films, you know he's simply going to get away, but you can sense fear in lazenby's bond and he looks downright scared before contesa shows up. You think the ski scene is great, try actually skiing to the OHMSS theme, or "Snow Job" from AVTAK, tons of fun!

Rich

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 07:46 PM

Nicely summed up, Rich. I also think it's a one-of-a-kind scene where everything clicked and everything that ever comes after will pale in comparison.