#1 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:23 PM

Was talking with a friend about this...why wasn't the windscreen/shield
on the DB6/S in OHMSS bulletproof? Probably wouldn't have changed anything as the side windows were down but, something to think about.

#2 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 12:18 AM

:) If only....

I'm not sure when bulletproof glass was invented, but surely anything can exist in the world of Bond. And was it even a Q Branch car, because Bond never actually used it on mission, so I doubt he would have had that feature added.

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 12:42 AM

Because that was'nt a Q-Branch car. It was just Bond's personal car.

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 07:50 PM

If he pulls a sniper scope out of it, why wouldn't you be led to believe it's a Q Branch car? If Bond was off trying to locate Blofeld, why would he be using his personal car? I think they just didn't want to play the gadget angle up and it was conveniently forgotten.

#5 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:00 PM

I think JimmyBond is right - it's Bond's personal car.

A few reasons:

1) no gadgets
2) Bond would have chosen something that Q Branch/MI6 AND his enemies couldn't track. You can bet that Q Branch has homers on all their cars so they can find out where 007 is. In OHMSS - replies to their Cairo, Amsterdam, and Madrid inquiries are all negative - they can't find him.

I think its akin to the DB5 in GE/TND/TWINE - it has a couple ammenities - champagne cooler and fax/radio - but its not a full blown Q branch war machine.

#6 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:33 AM

I often wondered about this as well. It would be prudent if all of James Bond's personal vehicles had some sort of bullet proofing and armor. Is an agent with a license to kill ever off duty? Enemy agents and crime syndicate hit men would likely have contracts out on James Bond at all times. Remember the comment by Paris Carver? "Do you still sleep with a gun under your pillow?" I don't think that it matters if he is on a covert operation. He would need to be prepared for an attempt on his life at all times.

#7 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:19 AM

thats a very good point, he is never off duty at any time of the day or night, its always 24/7 with james and someone out there surely must want to kill him always

#8 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:41 AM

I dont know, accroding to Colonel Sun Bond gets very careless when not on active duty.