15 replies to this topic

#1 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 07:49 AM

...Blofeld was the villain instead of Stromberg, like intended. Look at the was Stromberg disposes of the traitor and the two men in our first look at him, Just like Blofeld would have done, expect without the white cat and without the sinisterness and mysteriousness with Blofeld. Stromberg is a Blofeld wannabe and a boring on at that, if the film wasn't so good he'd put me to sleep. Look at his logo to, a poor SPECTRE rip off. Blofeld instead of Stromberg, and this film would be about the best, instead of around 5th or 6th.

#2 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 12:58 AM

...Someone other than Hamlisch had composed the score. Can you believe it was nominated for an Oscer? Why not a nomination for FRWL, TLD or TND?

#3 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 05:02 AM

Shoot. I forgot all about Nobody Does It Better! Thanks for reminding me! That was a good theme.

#4 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 08:15 PM

But Stromberg was always intended to be Blofeld, it was only some legal shennanigans from, guess who, Kevin McClory which forced the change.

#5 Alex

Alex

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 05:11 PM

I agree, it would've been great to bring back Blofeld for this movie. Shooting Stromberg about 5 times seemed to out-of-character for Moore, I mean the man had just used up his ammunition (like in Dr. No), and it just seemed wrong for Moore. It would've been better if

a) Connery was in the movie, that way shooting him that many times would've seemed in character, or

:) It was Blofeld. After all, that's what happened to Tracy...

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 03:24 PM

What's that shot supposed to be of when Bond and Anya have just blown up Naomi and then they investigate Atlantis. It looks as if they're looking at the Earth from space, but Bond got to do that later, so what was that a shot of?

I don't have the DVD which would be unmodified (right?) for TV so maybe it's something like that.

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 04:41 PM

I've wondered that, especially as Bond prefaces it with some comment along the lines of "that's what we've come to look at".

I think it's meant to be a giant globe, bigger than the one seen in the Liparus later on. Quite what it's doing there is anyone's guess.

#8 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 06:45 AM

No offence taken, James Page.

#9 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 10:47 AM

Bond was not wearing those outrageous flares and long winged collars and a big bow tie.

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 07:13 AM

Damn McClory, the plot for TSWLM would have been great with Blofeld. It just needed him!

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 September 2001 - 03:36 AM

....it wasn't a remake of You Only Live Twice.
I only saw TSWLM two days after watching YOLT, and was so distracted by the similarities.

#12 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 04:27 PM

TSWLM would have been the best if...

Jaws did not exist!

The scene where Bond shoot jaws in the teeth and the bullet ricochets is just plain awful! Other than that, my joint-favourite Moore outing (LALD is the other).

(no offence "JAWS" (see above))

#13 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 January 2002 - 04:07 AM

JAWS (25 Jan, 2002 12:58 a.m.):
...Someone other than Hamlisch had composed the score.  Can you believe it was nominated for an Oscer?  Why not a nomination for FRWL, TLD or TND?

We wouldn't have had such a great and commercially successful song otherwise.

#14 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:12 AM

It would have been better if....

Jaws had played his character straight instead of hokey.

#15 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:38 AM

To be honest I am tried of Blofield.. enough with that dude.. mostly because of the actor they got to play him in DAF.. I think they squeezed every drop of of him in the movie for a mojor villian part

Stromberg was fine :) the actor was very good.. but it nice to move on to something new.. and not be stuck with the same character ..over & over

#16 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:57 AM

I doubt the producers will raise Blofeld with the Austin Powers movies out there....too many people would think that EON was ripping off Mike Meyers.