FYEO girl vs. TWINE girl

4 replies to this topic

#1 monkey44

monkey44

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

Finally saw the movie TWINE. I had a feeling it would be bad....and guess what - I WAS RIGHT!!! Truly a bad film - and they make fun of Moore's film AVTAK.

Denise Richards was the most miscast Bond girl since that "stick in the mud" from LTK.

However, I noted similarities between Melina and the Elektra girl.

Note:

1. Both babes are of mixed descent. While Melina is half British/half Greek, Elektra is half British/half Azerbaijan. Remember we learn when Melina tells Roger Moore: "I am half Greek, and like Elektra, Greek women always avenge their loved ones." This line then sets the movie for the development of her character.

2. Melina and Elektra have some parallels in their characters. They're strong-willed, tough, beautiful. And they both have fatal blows dealt to them in their young lives involving their parents.

After this, they both reveal that they are wounded, but Melina turns out for the better, listens to Moore's sound advice at the end of the movie. Elektra, on the other hand goes crazy.

3. Melina sets out to hunt down evil Kristatos when he has her parents murdered. Elektra sets out to avenge her mother and herself. In both cases, dealing with the parents.

The burning question now is - who wins in a fight between these two?

I'm going for the cross-bow firing, blue-eyed babe Melina!

#2 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:52 AM

Okay , except that Melina was not "crazy" like Elektra King.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:57 AM

I think your totally wrong about TWINE, monkey44. I think TWINE is one of the best Bond films of all time. The plot and the opening sequence is great. It has got to be Brosnan's best Bond film yet.

#4 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:13 PM

I also did not like TWINE. TWINE was just mind-less action, a notch better than LTK but still not better than AVTAK.

#5 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:52 AM

Originally posted by monkey44

However, I noted similarities between Melina and the Elektra girl.

Note:

1. Both babes are of mixed descent. While Melina is half British/half Greek, Elektra is half British/half Azerbaijan.  Remember we learn when Melina tells Roger Moore: "I am half Greek, and like Elektra, Greek women always avenge their loved ones."  This line then sets the movie for the development of her character.

2. Melina and Elektra have some parallels in their characters.  They're strong-willed, tough, beautiful.  And they both have fatal blows dealt to them in their young lives involving their parents.  

After this, they both reveal that they are wounded, but Melina turns out for the better, listens to Moore's sound advice at the end of the movie.  Elektra, on the other hand goes crazy.

3. Melina sets out to hunt down evil Kristatos when he has her parents murdered.  Elektra sets out to avenge her mother and herself.   In both cases, dealing with the parents.

I would add similarity #4. Both Melina and Elektra are portrayed by French actresses.