#61 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Yes, basically a mansion.

And then there is the matter of what this remote manor house might be concealing inside or under. For some reason, I think it might be hiding something quite fantastical – but perhaps that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

#62 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

And then there is the matter of what this remote manor house might be concealing inside or under. For some reason, I think it might be hiding something quite fantastical – but perhaps that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

If my theory that "Skyfall" was an MI6 operation that was covered up is correct, then I'd wager that the manor house - possibly named "Skyfall" itself - is the place there the operation was conceived.

As I've outlined elsewhere, I think Albert Finney was one of the people who created "Skyfall" in the first place and positions himself as M's boss to keep his name out of it. If this is the case, then I think Bond might try and cut a deal with Javier Bardem to give up whoever was involved in "Skyfall" and lures him to the mansion.

#63 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Some more pictures of Shanghai from the other James Bond site, though I'm not sure if these have anything to do with production, or if they're for illustration purposes only. The attached article reports that none of the principal cast will be travelling to Shanghai, with Pinewood being used for all the interiors.

#64 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Some more pictures of Shanghai from the other James Bond site, though I'm not sure if these have anything to do with production, or if they're for illustration purposes only.

They're just Google image search results. I've posted the top one around myself, from some random Flickr account.

#65 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hmmm, well, I saw the watermark on the page and thought they might have had something to do with filming.

#66 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hmmm, well, I saw the watermark on the page and thought they might have had something to do with filming.

They have the cheek to stick that watermark on every photograph they (re)publish – ask our own Vauxhall.

#67 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

They have the cheek to stick that watermark on every photograph they (re)publish – ask our own Vauxhall.

And then they have the nerve to get upset with you if you don't credit things that they publish or sties that their members post to MI6.

#68 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

And then they have the nerve to get upset with you if you don't credit things that they publish or sties that their members post to MI6.

EDIT

#69 dchantry

dchantry

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

It seems everyone focused on the car chase - and whether Daniel Craig will be added via CGI afterwards - and missed addressing Total Film's other revelation - that there will be a spectacular action sequence at the end of the film. Now I personally hope that isn't a car chase - and means a large scale assault on the villain's hideout - with a crazy amount of hardware, agents, and fancy military gear like YOLT or OHMSS. That would be a Bond with a capital "B".

Yep, presumably this is the manor house in Wales (Scotland) and it does sound as if there will be some sort of large-scale assault.
Now we don’t know if it’s the good guys attacking the villain’s hideout or villains raiding the good guys’ base.

Either way, I’d be very pleased - it’s been too long since we had a good war style climax.

Twenty five years and counting. The first twenty five years gave us

TLD '87.
OCT '83.
MR '79.
TSWLM '77.
OHMSS '69.
YOLT '67.
GF '64.

Dunno if I should include TB. No way I'm including DAF. That doesn't even come close to passing the test of "good".

I'm not sure whether you are saying that its been 25 years since we had a war style climax or a good ending :)
Any case, I wouldn't class TLD as a war style ending, the last 20 minutes was Bond on his own in Whittakers house, but I suppose if you are counting the Afghan scenes then that makes sense.
Personally, I like the Bond takes on 500 villains in the villains hideout on his own or with just a couple of allies, but given the producers are trying to keep feet firmly on the ground then I would be surprised if we had an ending that differs from Bond on his own taking on a few.
Give me LTK ot CR endings any day.

#70 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

I wouldn't class TLD as a war style ending, the last 20 minutes was Bond on his own in Whittakers house

That’s more of a postscript than the climax and it’s nowhere near 20 minutes long.

#71 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yup!