9 replies to this topic

#1 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Maybe Bond will have a ...brilliant start this time!
I was on the tracks of 007 in Istanbul and I found this:
http://www.flickr.co...jar/6332882086/
What are the odds that they have already shot some scenes in Istanbul? Feel free to speculate!

#2 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Luigi Ferrari, are you sure this was for SkyFall ? When it was it?

xxx

#3 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Luigi Ferrari, are you sure this was for SkyFall ? When it was it?

xxx

The picture was taken on October 30th 2011. I'm not the one who took the photo, so I can't guarantee that it refers to Skyfall.Do you know if there was a 2nd unit filming in Istanbul before Skyfall's press conference?

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hmmm, there's nothing to guarantee that it is for SkyFall. If it was I would certainly expect a larger crew. It could be anything.

Edited by Mharkin, 14 November 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#5 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hmmm, there's nothing to guarantee that it is for SkyFall. If it was I would certainly expect a larger crew. It could be anything.

True, there's nothing to prove it, however if it were for Skyfall the crew would be small. The date is early for the official start of principal photography, so that would make it one of the small, brief shoots they do early for set-up and linking shots which don't require any of the main cast or crew.

How many films are shooting in Istanbul right now, with suited extras and such?

#6 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

These are the only infos I've found regarding the scenes they are planning to shot in Istanbul."As the script for the movie is still so secret, we can only assume that it’ll involve Bond running through a crowded market, being chased by miscellaneous foreign types, and probably falling from a high place only to land on a convenient shop awning."
This is the link:
http://www.timeout.c...w-about-bond-23
Is it a reliable source?

#7 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

That source is not at all reliable, Luigi. It's old, is full of untrue rumours and the paragraph you quoted there states, "We can only assume that...". Particularly with Bond films and anything hugely popular, articles will always try to appear to know more than they do, simply to get more people reading their website, magazine or newspaper.

At this stage I think it's impossible to know anything about the details of the screenplay really. Good find on the photo though, it could definitely be from a small bit of shooting for Bond. No way to tell yet however.

#8 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

The photo describes filming outside the "Hotel Legacy Ottoman". I punched that into Google Maps, and found it about a mile from Sultanahmet Square, which we know will be used for filming. So it's certainly a possibility that it will be included - but the streets in the picture don't match up with the streets in Google Maps (which show it located on a street with no crossroads), and the flickr photo doesn't match up with this photo of the hotel:

Posted Image

The only similarity is the anti-traffic bollards lining the pavement, which only really tells us that the buildings in both photos are in Istanbul. So I would say the vote is still out on whether this is legitimate.

#9 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

True, there's nothing to prove it, however if it were for Skyfall the crew would be small. The date is early for the official start of principal photography, so that would make it one of the small, brief shoots they do early for set-up and linking shots which don't require any of the main cast or crew.

How many films are shooting in Istanbul right now, with suited extras and such?

Taken 2 is currently filming in Istanbul, so it's possible this could have been it, maybe someone heard it was "a spy film" and assumed it was Bond.

#10 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

This is the watch shop seen on the photo:

Konyali Saat
Hamidiye Cad. 38, 34420 İstanbul - Avrupa, Turkey
+90 212 520 0302

If anyone feels like investigating with the shop attendants...

#11 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

If anyone feels like investigating with the shop attendants...

Where is Kerim Bey when we need him ?!?