5 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

What if M was unintentionally directly involved with the death of Bonds parents? Which explains why she's scared for Bond to do a lot of digging? She's always kept a tight leash on him, right? I dunno, it just would be really interesting for me.

I've read a few posts on here which could suggest that McCrory and Fiennes could be Bonds parents.

#2 RJJB

RJJB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Sounds like a soap opera plot, a bad soap opera plot.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Harkin, please start being more descriptive in your thread titles. "What if?" is a move right out of iBond's playbook.

"What if?" is also the name of a Creed song and this thread is not about Creed; although I might enjoy it better if it were.

#4 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

I dont think we should exploxe Bond family history in the film, in a novel it fine but in a movie it does not feel the same. That could be interesting storyline but I think it better we stick to what happen a climbing accident not some possible spy in Carte Blanche or something like that. Maybe a mention of his parents but that it

#5 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'd rather there not be any links to Bond's past and I certainly don't want to learn that there's been some secret lineage of "spydom" in his family. If it's mentioned his parents died in a climbing accident, full stop, and we hear/see nothing more about them, that would be more than enough. Think of 006's off-hand remark in GE. That's about all I ever want. It's about all Fleming ever gave us.

#6 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

I'd rather there not be any links to Bond's past and I certainly don't want to learn that there's been some secret lineage of "spydom" in his family. If it's mentioned his parents died in a climbing accident, full stop, and we hear/see nothing more about them, that would be more than enough. Think of 006's off-hand remark in GE. That's about all I ever want. It's about all Fleming ever gave us.

Ditto.