DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Here's the link:-

http://www.heraldsun...x-1225835469497

So, yesterday morning at 7am, I found myself standing naked with 5,000 other naked people in front of one of the world’s most famous buildings, the Sydney Opera House. How did this happen?

Well, it started when I first heard that renowned American photographer Spencer Tunick was coming to Sydney to conduct one of his famous mass-nude photo shoots. I signed up to be a volunteer and yesterday morning at 4am, Sydneysiders turned up in their thousands to strip naked in the name of art. As it was overcast, we waited patiently until 6.30am when we were given the go-ahead to “take it all off”. This was a weird moment. But any qualms I had about stripping off in public disappeared when I saw the mass of flesh emerging from clothes and making its way up the steps. People of all shapes, sizes and ages, stripped nude – an incredible sight! There were a lot of comments about the cold weather and the effect that has on men and women, but that all added to the camaraderie.

We left our clothes in neat piles on the Opera House forecourt and began to fill the famous steps with naked forms. There was a great atmosphere , despite the chilly morning wind. We clapped our hands, we laughed and cheered, we waved to the overheard news helicopters, as Spencer guided us into our different poses from lying down to reaching to the skies.
At 8am, it was time to move inside. We grabbed our bags, but most of us stayed naked as we made our way into the Opera House concert hall – the first time it has been filled with an unclothed audience. We draped our naked selves over the seats, in a wonderful shot that reminded me of many a 17th century painting.

By then we’d been naked for 2 and a half hours, and it felt normal!! It was strange seeing everyone clothed at the end, as we were so used to seeing pink bits!!

To sum up, it was a wonderful once-in –a-lifetime experience. If Spencer ever comes to your town (and he’s already done by hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne), then I thoroughly recommend posing. It’s an incredible experience!

#2 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

As long as this doesn't happen in a Bond movie, I'm happy for you.

#3 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:55 AM

So... which pair of buns is yours? B)

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:50 AM

Haha, good man Dave! We ran a report on this on the news yesterday. A staggering amount of people. I seriously doubt we'd get such openness in London.

#5 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

Congratulations, Dave! Tremendous feat!

You do realise that now you've got something to tell your children and grandchildren that's a little more interesting than the usual dull stories of school pranks and drunkenly crashing on the bar top? Truly a story that will pep up your entire family history for generations. And you've become a tiny part of a work of art, something nobody will ever be able to take away from you.

I envy you for the courage it took to enter this adventure and the memory of it! :tdown: B)

#6 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Thanks everyone. It truly was a day I will never forget.

It was strange at first, but then when there are 5,200 other people naked around you, it is the clothed people (eg. the Opera House staff) who look out of place!

Vauxhall - not sure about London, but Spencer has already done my home town of Newcastle upon Tyne back in 2006.

#7 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

As long as this doesn't happen in a Bond movie, I'm happy for you.

I can imagine...

Bond: How do I find him?
M: He'll be attending a Spencer Tunick photoshoot session. Look for the guy with three nipples.