6 replies to this topic

#1 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:45 PM

I re-watched Mission : Impossible 2 the other day and it occured to me that the villain in that movie - Dougray Scott - would make a good Bond.

There's something in his eyes that makes you think he really could kill you, which is a good thing. With some work on his Scottish accent, I think he'd make a great James Bond.

Any thoughts?

PS. Does anybody have a picture of him to illustrate my point?

#2 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:49 PM

Give me a moment, 006 and I will get back to you :)

#3 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:58 PM

Interestingly enough he starred in Enigma directed by Michael Apted who was director of The World is not Enough. Ive heard his name mentioned a few times, he does have the looks, presence, and highland charm to pull it off.

But, we'd have to make sure we weren't getting another one hit wonder, like Lazenby and Dalton, i think the series needs continuity to survive.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120755/19

#4 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 10:50 PM

I don't think his accent needs any work. It isn't that bad, but yes, I agree he would make a good Bond. Not the best, nor do I think he'll be a "one hit wonder" (I wouldn't say Dalton was, he was just unlucky with all that legal stuff). I think he'll be remembered as a Bond, if he ever plays one. He's at the right age too. He's definately on my shortlist and has been for some time!

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 12:13 PM

Its kinda funny, but he was gonna be Wolverine before the MI:2 shooting went into overtime, so he bowed out, and Hugh Jackman became Wolverine, who happens to be another actor who could be Bond.

About Scott though, nah, I heard about people saying he could be Bond before I saw MI:2, and while I was watching MI:2, I thought to myself, what were these people thinking? No offense to you guys, but I just dont think he'd make a good Bond.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 12:32 PM

While I shant comment on him playing Bond (I've never really given it too much thought I must conclude, and if I have, I don't remember). However, I do recally the news coming across my desk that Scott wasn't interested in playing Bond. So there you go :)

#7 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 01:06 PM

I think it was last year as I heard his name in connection with the Bond role, but he refused it, and he also refused to play a baddie because he had done this in MI:2 already.