8 replies to this topic

#1 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

I've read in some threads that folks were wondering whether Leitter's people grabbed Le Chiffre after the poker game as planned. I'm thinking that Le Chiffre went to ground immediately after the poker game, the CIA never got him, and the message to Vesper re: Le Chiffre's capture was intended to put Bond at ease. Thoughts?

#2 wendy54

wendy54

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

Yup. Makes sense to me....

#3 TimorousBeastie

TimorousBeastie

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

<snip> and the message to Vesper re: Le Chiffre's capture was intended to put Bond at ease. Thoughts?

I don't remember that bit. Was it while Vesper and Bond were having dinner?

It's clear that I need to see the movie again. :)

#4 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

<snip> and the message to Vesper re: Le Chiffre's capture was intended to put Bond at ease. Thoughts?

I don't remember that bit. Was it while Vesper and Bond were having dinner?

It's clear that I need to see the movie again. :)

Yep, the message came in just before they sat down to dinner.

#5 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

Wasn't the message that the CIA had "made contact" and would be bringing him in at dawn?

If I remeber correctly, Fleming had Leiter find Bond after SMERSH had visited. I wondered if , in the movie, Leiter would have found Bond, via the tracking device in the inhaler?

#6 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:44 AM

Pam, I'm pretty sure it was only an audio bug in the inhaler and not a tracker. Who knows, maybe Leiter's team did find Bond after all the ball-busting, brain blasting action went down. I mean, if Mr. White found Le Chiffre, then it's not too hard to believe that Leiter could've, especially if that's how it went down in the book.

#7 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:11 AM

Pam, I'm pretty sure it was only an audio bug in the inhaler and not a tracker. Who knows, maybe Leiter's team did find Bond after all the ball-busting, brain blasting action went down. I mean, if Mr. White found Le Chiffre, then it's not too hard to believe that Leiter could've, especially if that's how it went down in the book.

As a matter of fact, it's a tracker and an audio bug. When Bond and Vesper are in the elevator, Bond looks at his phone, and it shows where the bug is in the buidling.

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

It does seem likely that it may have been the CIA who found Bond in the barge after being tortured. I mean, somebody must have (and probably quite rapidly too), otherwise one imagines Bond would have died quite quickly.

#9 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:22 AM

Aha, thanks OHMSS, you're right. :)

It does seem likely that it may have been the CIA who found Bond in the barge after being tortured. I mean, somebody must have (and probably quite rapidly too), otherwise one imagines Bond would have died quite quickly.

Or at the very least have certain... irreperable damages :P