Their endeth the lesson.

#2 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:28 PM

I'm sure they will work hard to meet your demands.

#3 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:07 PM

No more Nancy-Boy 007 (as in TWINE). If they want that kinda Bond they should hire Rupert Everett.

#4 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 10:18 PM

No more unnecessary CGI!

#5 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 12:49 AM

"Demands". Firekiss, you're not reticent at all, are you? :)

How about some imaginative action? Action which is unpredictable, action which is creatively designed and not so dependent on vehicle chases. I've missed the originality in the chase sequences, where the suspense is high and the focus is Bond's intellect, like the Cuba-wheelchair sequence (a refreshing one).

#6 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 01:42 PM

Mr. FireKiss you

#7 FireKiss

FireKiss

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the 'pep' posting univex, really. And I mean all those things. But of course when i say demands it is with tongue in cheek, and yes the wheelchair scene was very Bondian, and couldn't have happened to a more deserving character. I just fear that Bond is moving to fast into the future, there is something fundamentally reliable about these films, which has been the case up to recent years, and i just wonder whats next!?
What happened to hitchcockian/spy intrigue and suspense.

#8 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:09 PM

"What happened to hitchcockian/spy intrigue and suspense".

Well, according to freak@

#9 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:13 PM

Originally posted by FireKiss
1.no more speed ramping

What was wrong with the speed-ramping?

I know i'm in the minority here, but i think it really worked well. The one used on Zao's coat during the torture seen was totally pointless, it didnt need to be there at all.

But, during the car chase Christian Wagner did some really nice work. The shots of panning over Iceland, and the ones of the Vanquish power-slides wre brilliant. In order to keep ahead of the competition, i think that new ideas like this must be used, otherwise its simply a case of changing the names and swapping the chases with a different vehicle.

In the older movies, the tools werent always around for things like this, but in todays digital-age, and the ever-incrasing acceptance of effects like this to a point where its becoming trendy, i think that the editor's should be given the oppertunity to try these things.

Its exactly the same as David Arnold's music. Arnold's replaced the old-style jazzy music with his own blend of techno and classical tunes. Stand-out options like "the choir" are used in the same way as Wagner has used speed-ramps, for dramatic effect.

Example, the slow-down when Graves shot his father, the same emotional-factor would not have been put across without the speed-ramps.

So, sure keep control of them, i mean, i dont want an entire movie in slow-motion at all, but dont throw-away one of today's editors most powerful tools. :)

#10 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 02:27 PM

Oh, well, Mr. Tamahori, older Bonds proved that exposing dialogue scenes can be very interesting if done witty. If you don't have skills that go beyond action sequences, then DON'T ever touch a Bond movie again!

#11 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:53 PM

and please let bond be the star of ...HIS MOVIE

#12 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:59 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
and please let bond be the star of ...HIS MOVIE

Yes! DAD seemed like "Jinx Jordon in Die Another Day" instead of "James Bond 007 in Die Another Day".

#13 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 01:51 AM

No more female "equals" to Bond; he has no equals, male or female. Characters like Jinx really dilude Bond and make him seem less special; they also are nuetering James with these female super agent sidekicks. Bond is the man.Let him be the star. Create interesting female charcters that are respectful to women but don't make them into James Bond with boobs. Thank you.

#14 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 01:53 AM

Originally posted by Tarl_Cabot
No more female "equals" to Bond; he has no equals, male or female. Characters like Jinx really dilude Bond and make him seem less special; they also are nuetering James with these female super agent sidekicks. Bond is the man.Let him be the star. Create interesting female charcters that are respectful to women but don't make them into James Bond with boobs. Thank you.

Well said!

#15 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 01:55 AM

show Bond train too. In "Licence Renewed" (novel) Bond met a girl by diliberately removing her valuable necklace and returned it to her in what was supoosed to be an act of gallentry.He planned it all along and spent hours practicing necklace removal so she would not know. I loved that! Bond is not superman but a brilliant individual who works very hard to improve himself. Show that on screen.

#16 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 01:57 AM

Thanks righty.

#17 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 02:31 AM

we have not seen enough of bonds skills as an agent, in the movies, its more guns and killing then skill, practicing necklace removal and the other skills he has would be great to do, lets see his training be shown to us. more skill, less guns

#18 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 01:14 PM

Well said.
I guess the VR Training in DAD said everything about today's Bond movies.
Also, you should think that Bond himself is the star in Bond 20. Please no more female agents or "tough" women. Sometimes when watching the Brosnan-Bonds I really long for a Goodnight-character.

#19 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 05:23 PM

Perhaps some 'demands' ought to be sent to MGM as the price for not blowing up Miami. If Bond 21 turns out like DAD, I'm ready to join SPECTRE.

#20 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 01:56 AM

[quote]Originally posted by univex
[B]"What happened to hitchcockian/spy intrigue and suspense".

Well, according to freak@

#21 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:20 AM

To be honest, Fleming's Bond was briefly reborn in OHMSS, and FYEO, then he died again :)

#22 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:32 AM

have danny elfman do the music, i think he does great music scores

#23 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:43 AM

I love Elfman - I really do - but if you pay a close listen to any of his scores, you'll find that he is the anti-Bond composer. His scores are very dark, gothic, and orchestrated. Even Elfman's adventure scores (Batman, Men in Black) are dark and gothic. One of Elfman's only light scores, this one for an adventure film (Spider-Man) is unfortunately very weak. I think his strength lies in drama or suspense (Red Dragon) or the gothic style of Tim Burton - but I can't imagine him doing a Bond score and hopefully we'll never see it.

And you are right, JimmyBond.. about OHMSS, at least. I would call FYEO a darker, tighter spy film - but I wouldn't call it Fleming's Bond.

#24 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:50 PM

My demand is simple...No more assistants why can't 007 save the world ON HIS OWN!!!

#25 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:36 AM

the cgi wasnt so unnecessary as it was awful. watch blackhawk down, now theres some cgi that kicks ***, good luck finding it.

#26 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 05:21 AM

my demand u ask, Hans zimmer to compose the score.

#27 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 11:18 AM

My requests for Bond 21:

1. A gripping plotline rooted in old-fasioned espionage and suspense and mystery (like TWINE and FRWL).

2. A villain that is vivid, larger than life, but complex.

3. Bond Girls that are fleshed out (relatively) and do more than just pull the Tanya Roberts-Oh James save me, ****e.

4. Stylish, rather than flashy action. Someone mentioned the jump in TWINE, and the action scenes in TLD and LTK come to mind.

5. A old-school Bond ending wherein Bond kills the henchman/woman, thinks the villain bought it, but then meets up with the villain quite unexpectedly (like FRWL and GOLDFINGER).

That's all, really. Oh, and another TWINE-like song.

#28 FireKiss

FireKiss

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 10:47 PM

yeah those things sound great, just right Kristian. Also I'd like to see an abscence of space based satellite weopans, for a long time. Thats an overdone storyline.

#29 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 05:26 AM

I agree with you Kristian. I wanna a Thunderball like film, where Bond gets to the villain through his ladyfriend. :) Add many 'boring' scenes, and some limited action. Make Bond a pimp in the sense that he relies on himself, and not on 'boombox rings' and invisible cars.

#30 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 06:06 AM

He's not a pimp. I hate when people use those terms.......he's so money, hes a pimp.....izzo.......dats da ****.........off da hook........just to name few.