This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.. Mask in 007's Octopussy!!!???

6 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:41 PM

Is there any fans here on the Halloween Movies ? Well if you saw Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the one without Michael Myers in it)..

When The Circus goes to Germany.. they have a scene where the Circus Performers are on the street.. they are waving hello and more or less telling the Locals that (the circus is in town)

well as soon as they start this scene.. They SHOW "The Skull" Mask!! A Circus Performer has the skull mask on with a white sheet for the costume!

** Go to your DVD at exactly 1:45 ( about 16 or 18 seconds)

WHY was the Mask in Halloween 3: Season of the Witch in OCTOPUSSY???

http://raiders76_200...witchphotos.htm

* the Pic are now showing up here.. so go to the site and LOOK at the Skull Mask.. it is the EXACT one in Octopussy? The ood thing is Halloween 3 came out in 1982 but was made in California.. and Octopussy was mostly shoot well those scenes in Europe??

How can that Mask make it over seas.. to get in a Bond Film.. :)

very odd..

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:17 AM

Sorry, but your link doesn't work.

I can't remember what the mask in Octopussy looked like and I'm not a Halloween fan, but I'll hazard a guess and say that the mask was a mass produced one.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:43 AM

FYI: The mask Michael Meyers wears in the first Halloween movie is actually a store bought William Shatner mask,

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:57 AM

actually .. Halloween 3: Season of the Witch has NOTHING to do with any of the Halloween Movies..

Michael Myers is NOT in this one..

John Carpentar originally when he made the first one wanted to have a "new totally different" Halloween Movie EVERY October 31st!! BUT the first was soooooo HUGE that he couldn't do that.. plus did other projects.. well The Producers BEGGED and paid John a ton of movie to do a Michael Myers Halloween 2 Movie which he did!!

BUT...

after that one he was done! and wanted to go back to his original idea of putting out seperate "Halloween story movies" every year..

which that was Halloween 3: Season of the Witch made in 1982!! (it was different and pretty good but HAD NO Michael Myers in it) so the movie more or less BOMBED and the fans felt ripped off!

as for the mask(s)

Yes that was a William Shater Mask for Michael Myers (made by Donald Post)

and when they made Halloween 3: season of the witch they HIRED Donald Post to make 3 new original Masks.. A Witch, A Skeleton & a Pumkin (masks)

*** I am surprised that LINK above didn't work?? It is working here??

well he is another site with the 3 Masks ( for some STUPID Reason the guy on this site color the skeleton mask in green.. but it was WHITE in the movie & was WHITE in Octopussy)
http://www.seasonofthewitch.vze.com/

Lets try this other one again! http://raiders76_200...witchphotos.htm

#5 St.John Smythe

St.John Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 09:49 PM

I love the Halloween movies. Season of the Witch is good. I hated it at first but now I love it. It took awhile for it to grow on me. I know the skull mask your talking about in Octopussy and your right it does look like the same one from Season of the Witch. Good catch:)

#6 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:21 PM

Thank you :) I was in shock when I saw this.. I popped up out of me seat.. like WOW?

I think what happened.. is a Crew member probably worked on Halloween 3.. and had by mistake a mask in his car and just kept it with his supplies.. THEN got a job on the 007 movie.. and they asked "hey we need masks" for this scene...and he must have said Hey I got a few..

because that Skull Maks is copyrighted by Don Post! he finally got paid for the Michael Myes Mask (shatner mask).. and they were nice enough to GIVE him a new job on Halloween 3...

so they wouldn't hae given out that mask to anyone.. when they just went through a Trial about Post getting Paid (which he wasn't on Halloween 1-2)..

I bet Don Post himself NEVER saw Octopussy and saw his Mask in it..

kinda funny how a Movie made in Califorina a year before .. (H3).. a mask can travel all the way to europe more or less by mistake and be in a 007 movie..

#7 George White

George White

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Is there any fans here on the Halloween Movies ? Well if you saw Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the one without Michael Myers in it)..

When The Circus goes to Germany.. they have a scene where the Circus Performers are on the street.. they are waving hello and more or less telling the Locals that (the circus is in town)

well as soon as they start this scene.. They SHOW "The Skull" Mask!! A Circus Performer has the skull mask on with a white sheet for the costume!

** Go to your DVD at exactly 1:45 ( about 16 or 18 seconds)

WHY was the Mask in Halloween 3: Season of the Witch in OCTOPUSSY???

http://raiders76_200...witchphotos.htm

* the Pic are now showing up here.. so go to the site and LOOK at the Skull Mask.. it is the EXACT one in Octopussy? The ood thing is Halloween 3 came out in 1982 but was made in California.. and Octopussy was mostly shoot well those scenes in Europe??

How can that Mask make it over seas.. to get in a Bond Film.. smile.gif

very odd..

Simple, the masks were mass-produced as merchandise, and I'm sure some of them pre-existed H3. Don Post masks were the biggest mask makers in the world, so I imagine the mask was bought at a joke shop or Hamley's or somewhere and then used unintentionally.