11 replies to this topic

#1 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:07 PM

I have not had the chance to introduce myself. Please call me Ry. I am a long time Bond fan and interested in being part of the forums. Thanks for having me. Okay here is my report.
On the conclusion on last night's hit Spy series, Alias, there was a teaser commerical for next week which including an tagline screaming "and special guest star Roger Moore". The retired Bond will apparently play the head of a counter MI:5 agency in London.
For those of you who haven't seen the show or don't get it in their country, Alias is about a graduate college student, Sydney Bristow, who is recruited into an agency that is part of the CIA known as SD:6. Right after she announces her engagement to her fiance she finally tells him who she is working for. He is immediately killed and Sydney finds out that for years she has been working for a counter-CIA agency that is attempting to steal information from the CIA. Now Sydney is an ALIAS for the CIA working for SD:6, but giving all of the information to the CIA. If that isn't confusing enough, Sydney's father work for SD:6 as well, a person that Sydney hardly knows.
If you've never seen ALIAS give it a look see next week. It is a slick show that feels very much like Bond, and Sydney is one hot spy. Alias is on ABC every Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. EST.

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 02:23 PM

right now, cool show, cool guy, just wish I could see it...

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 10:34 PM

What's the Episode Number for Roger's episode? I want to track it down in Australia :)

#4 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 10:22 PM

I definitely going to watch this episode.Will he be behind a desk? Or will he be involved in any action? It would be great to see him with a gun in his hand again. Maybe with a Walther PPK?

#5 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 03:12 PM

Here is a pic from the episode, its from www.abc.com

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for that Ry! I think you're right Freeemo, we're around the six mark! Damn, 10 weeks! But we'll keep our eyes out all the same!

#7 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 11:51 PM

Ry (11 Mar, 2002 10:59 p.m.):
The name of the episode is The Prophecy and it is Episode 16.  I hope that helps.

16, we must only be up to about 6 or so, does that sound right my fellow Aussies ? Looks like we've got a bit of a wait yet.

#8 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 10:59 PM

Roger was quite good last night. A real sinister character. ABC Family (I'm not sure you get that in Australia) tends to rerun the episodes a few weeks after they orginally appear. Not sure if that is any help Blue Eyes. The name of the episode is The Prophecy and it is Episode 16. I hope that helps.

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:52 PM

Chance are with the way the show 'Alias' works, Roger will probably be in at least two episodes.

Generally, the plots start in the middle of the show and finishes sometime the next week and are intertwined with sub-plots that start and finish at their own leisure. Nothing is concluded at the end of the episode so the show can leave you on cliffhanger each week. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger show up in the last ten minutes and the next week be the real Roger episode.

#10 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 08:07 PM

It seems like he is going to be recurring. A friend of mine got a scoop that said he would be in multiple episodes. I hope this is the truth. When they announced that Moore would be in the next Alias all my friends went crazy. Even in his 70s everyone still loves Moore.

#11 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:56 PM

Good for Rog he would be perfect for a role like that, did you say he would be reaccuring, that would be awesome?

#12 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 10:36 PM

White Knight (11 Mar, 2002 10:22 p.m.):
I definitely going to watch this episode.Will he be behind a desk? Or will he be involved in any action? It would be great to see him with a gun in his hand again. Maybe with a Walther PPK?

Sorry, Knight, but you already missed it. Pretty good episode, too. Roger was kind of a villain. He played the role very well. Not really involved in any action, but he was heavily involved in the plot. they left it open so Roger could reappear, but it didn't seem a definite.

And they had a nice homage to The Spy Who Loved Me in the teaser of the episode where Sidney is being chased throught the jungle near Rio and loses her pursuers by jumping of the cliff and then her yet unseen parachute opens. Cue the titles.