#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:19 PM

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
I wonder if anyone realizes while we're on the subject of writers that the great Nicholas Meyer actually came in and did a polish on some of the dialogue for Tomorrow Never Dies. I'm not sure what good it did for a lot of you, but I liked it.

Saw Bing's post in EON deny Bond 21 rumour thread. And reminded me of that writer and director Meyer.

Now there's a game, he's very talented, he can just get gel a story together, plus a great director.

He's the guy who's credited with saving Star Trek after the motion picture. With The Wrath of Khan, written and directed by him, writ The Voyage Home, and directed and writ the best story, trek 6 the undiscovered country. 3 of the best films of the series.

Get Meyer to direct and script a Bond film, perfect!!!!Everything he's involved in, seems to turn to gold.

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:08 AM

that whole even Trek being good theory can be credited to him since those are the ones he's involved with....he'd be great, but it won't happen...

#3 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:58 PM

He would be a good underrated outside choice if they would allow an American to direct. He's low-profile enough he wouldn't cost EON too much and doesn't have a reputation of a John Woo or Tarantino that would overshadow what the producers would expect while still injecting some personal style into it.

#4 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:32 PM

John Woo / David Fincher / Stephen Hopkins / Tony Scott are some of my choices as directors.

#5 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:42 PM

The thing that pisses me off is that Myer probably won't have a chance, but they'd go for that idiot Stuart Baird, who helped defile TrekX, in a heartbeat. Nick Meyer also did Time After Time

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:52 PM

Hey, I love Nick Meyer's work: The Seven Per Cent Solution, Time After Time, Star Trek II, Volunteers, The Day After...but notice what all these films have in common. They were made A LONG time ago. He also directed Star Trek 6 and while it was good, it was no II. And yes, he helped out on TND, but that is arguably Brosnan's weakest film. I'm not sure who Nick Meyer is nowadays. Is he past his prime? Director's burn out. Writer's sell out. Usually because they get real lives. I don't know if the Nick Meyer of 2003 would give it his all, or just phone it in. Sorry if that's harsh.

#7 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:16 AM

that's probably accurate zencat, his glory days are long gone...

#8 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:06 PM

Nick is doing mostly screenwriting these days, having completed most recently a movie with Nicole Kidman and Anthony Hopkins.

#9 B5Erik2

B5Erik2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:54 AM

Nick's still a pretty young guy (relatively). He was in his late 20's when he did Star Trek II.

He could do a great Bond movie, and if I couldn't get McTiernan on the project Nicholas Meyer would be one of my top choices. Having said that, realistically, he's a longshot at best.

#10 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:34 AM

Just a slight error on the TND thing. Nicholas Meyer did help out with Tomorrow Never Dies, but it just amounted to a weekend meeting in London when the writers brainstormed ideas, Daniel Petrie was also there, but it was in the early stages of script development.

#11 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

If only Nick Meyer had done Bond 21...reading his new book now. He is good friends with Brosnan, they did the movie The Deceivers together. If only...