12 replies to this topic

#1 chronicliar

chronicliar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:41 PM

Look at the "Agent Cody Banks" website. They copied the TWINE Poster and DVD cover.

LOOK HERE

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:30 PM

It is an MGM movie so I guess they've recycled art, or used it as a 'reference to'.

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:39 PM

I'd say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I guess this just shows us how much MGM respects the Bond franchise and Pierce in particular, doesn't it?

-- Xenobia

PS: And no Dlibrasnow, no need to comment. We all know how you feel. ;-)

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:29 AM

saw a snippet on E! last night about this movie.

And yes, he does say "Banks, Cody Banks" when asked who he is.

#5 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:48 AM

This movie looks like another MGM flop. The trailer was playing infront of DAD so I have seen it many times. One that was "okay" was when someone asked if they have given him his Licence. We are susposed to think that it is his licence to kill. But it is only his drivers licence. It will probably be revoked though.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:11 AM

I'm not sure that it will be a flop, it could do quite well. I hope it will personally.

At the end of the day it could be quite a clever move. If succesful with the child audience, it could work quite well as introducing children to the Bond series, which, afterall, this film is based upon.

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:19 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
I'd say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I guess this just shows us how much MGM respects the Bond franchise and Pierce in particular, doesn't it?

-- Xenobia

PS:  And no Dlibrasnow, no need to comment.  We all know how you feel.  ;-)

I wasn't going to comment on MGM's respect for the Bond series. I'll leave the comment on the mentioned actor to his forum... :)

I think Cody Banks looks like a flop. It looks a lot like "Extreme Ops" and you DEFINATELY know my feelings on that Xen :)

#8 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 04:08 AM

I would like to take this Extreme OPortunity, to question the sanity of the folks at MGM's advertising division:

Did they think people would miss the TWINE references? Do you think this will please Mr. Brosnan? If tonight's facial expressions at the SAG's are any indication, said Mr. Brosnan is not a happy man.

-- Xenobia

#9 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 07:14 AM

well if you are going to copy, u might as well copy the best, i can see their idea, but at the end of the day it will flop

#10 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:13 PM

Seems everyone wants a piece of James Bond nowadays.

That kid should stick to "Malcolm In The Middle". He really should, cos its one of the funniest shows ever made.

Dream-on Agent Cody Banks!

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:54 PM

I think it's interesting that Madonna is listed as an Executive Producer for the movie.

In the press kit for "Agent Cody Banks" they make a number of references to James Bond. Specifically, Production Designer Rusty Smith says that he grew up and loved Bond films and Ken Adam "who I pay homage to as often as possible."
Smith & Co are also said to give nods to "Goldfinger" and "Moonraker" .
Ian McShane (who plays the villain) says in the press kit "Brinkman is essentially the heir to Dr. No. Villains in this type of film have one main flaw: basically, they're really stupid."

#12 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 11:14 AM

is it just me or does that girl on the poster look a lot like sophie marceau? i wonder if it was intentional.

#13 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:14 PM

She is striking the same pose as Sophie Marceau, but I'm not sure if it was intentional. Hilary Duff was cast on the strength of her title role in "Lizzie McGuire" and her often quoted tag as Teen Queen.