13 replies to this topic

#1 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:40 AM

This might seem a little weird . But how would a war with either Iraq or Korea . Or both at the same time Effect the direction of Bond 21. After 9/11 , many thought that Bond was of no purpose . Just something from the "Cold War Era". He has been up-date to fit in to the "New World Order". Yet with a World War , in the background . Will Bond 21 have to adjust to the events of the world ?

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:55 AM

well I don't know about Bond 21, but one of those would seriously **** up my life style...most likely war would scare the production into never leaving Pinewood and we'd never get location shoots again...

#3 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:35 AM

Originally posted by rafterman
well I don't know about Bond 21, but one of those would seriously **** up my life style...most likely war would scare the production into never leaving Pinewood and we'd never get location shoots again...

That 's a understatement !! I never realized that you live in Korea ! . It must be ****ing weird living they at the moment. With are of the uncertainty? Peace.

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:32 AM

nah, not too weird, doesn't impact daily life, not like back in the states, where they try to make you scared, I just go day to day and hope Bush doesn't try anything, cause a nice little country with a lot of people would get royally screwed cause it's in the middle of the conflict, the US just needs to stay out of it or they'll light the fuse...

#5 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:49 PM

nah, not too weird, doesn't impact daily life, not like back in the states, where they try to make you scared, I just go day to day and hope Bush doesn't try anything, cause a nice little country with a lot of people would get royally screwed cause it's in the middle of the conflict, the US just needs to stay out of it or they'll light the fuse...

I agree with you on this point. Bush and his imcomptence > And desire to vidicate his "father faailures as President". Will kill a lot of people .

#6 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 02:11 PM

I have yet to be convinced there's a real reason to go to war, but one thing is certain, I want Bond 21 to stay away from reality, no more real countries going for war, give me megalomaniacs who want money, give me less reality and more fantasy...

#7 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 02:19 PM

I have yet to be convinced there's a real reason to go to war, but one thing is certain, I want Bond 21 to stay away from reality, no more real countries going for war, give me megalomaniacs who want money, give me less reality and more fantasy...

I would love to have a "larger than life Villian" but i don't work for EON . And since Purvis and Wade concocted the plot for DAD, using North Korea . And now considering all the problem the film had in South Korea. Who knows , the movie going public after 9/11 , dont want "real life" in films. Look at what happen to the Jack Ryan film "The Sum of All The Fears . Outside of just plain bad acting , plot , it tanked.

#8 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:51 PM

An idea is that Bond must say i do it for my Queen and Country.
An other person say: For England you mean.
Bond say: Yes,for England.

Some people in Korea think that Bond is an American product and that is it not.

But America is not the only problem.
Some people hated england and other country's now to.

My anser of your Quistion: How will war with Iraq or Korea effect Bond 21

Yes i think a litle bit.

#9 Agent Lee

Agent Lee

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 08:35 PM

I figure that in another ten years, the two Koreas will be united, just like East and West Germany eventually united.

There are two ways that this could happen. The first way is this: North Korea will do something really stupid that results in their nation being blasted to smithereens by the Americans. Of course, the Americans will feel so guilty, that they would then pour lots of money into rebuilding both Koreas under one flag.

The second way is this: after decades of mismanagement, their society would just self-destruct, or implode, the way the Soviet Union did.

However, I seriously doubt that the North Korean claim that the Americans are looking for any excuse to invade. The Americans simply are not that interested in that backward nation. There is no oil in North Korea. Their nation does not occupy any strategic location. There is no evidence that the Americans are lusting after North Korea women.

Therefore, when Bond goes to Korea in ten years, it would be no different than going to Germany today

#10 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:58 PM

This may be true, it is still part of Bush's "Axis of Evil" . That really should be the title to his memories after he leaves office in 2004. I would not too live in a state of fear. Behind the failed poliices of the USA. The american Government is just as much to blaim as the North. The Clinton and Bush administrations never carried out it's end of the "Agreed Framework" form 1994.

#11 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:24 AM

Perhaps Falco will become a villain, who hopes to incite an American war with...France?...by faking intelligence.

Or maybe we'll get a villain who dresses like Bond in the '60s gunbarrel scenes and shoots guns into the air. I.E. Saddam Hussien-type villain. Why not parody him?

#12 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:57 AM

see Hussien is a thug, he's not that great of a bad guy, he's not that evil, he'd be a horrible Bond villain, because he's not that interesting or bad...the closest we've come to a real life bad guy was Drax, who had a lot of Hitler in his plan, that's it...

#13 Agent Lee

Agent Lee

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:29 PM

Do not worry about Saddam. I figure that six months from now, Saddam will be sharing a jail cell with Slovodan Milosevic.

Six months after that, both of them will be joined by Kim Chong-il of the former North Korea.

Later on, perhaps some criminal mastermind could bust them out of prison, and enlist them as lieutenants in the new and improved SPECTRE organization...

#14 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Agent Lee

Six months after that, both of them will be joined by Kim Chong-il of the former North Korea.  

I doubt it, not while Kim has (arguably) far more lethal weapons than Saddam and, more importantly, is backed by both China and Russia. Do you think either of those countries would tolerate US troops on its border?