17 replies to this topic

#1 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:01 PM

Here is a link to the great pictures of Halle Berry in her bikini!! Its from Wireimage.com,

http://www.wireimage...typ=gls====9154

A preview:

#2 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 12:34 PM

Berry looks fantastic in that orange & white bikini...wow !!!. Finally we are going to have a real sexpot Bond girl...and not a moment too soon. Somehow with Berry's casting we all knew Jinx was going to be one sexy babe. Great bikini...great bod...great Bond girl.
I would definitely die another day to see it on screen in November ! :).

#3 Smitty

Smitty

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 11:50 PM

john007 (11 Apr, 2002 11:03 p.m.):
Here is a link to the great pictures of Halle Berry in her bikini!! Its from Wireimage.com,

http://www.wireimage...typ=gls====9154

A preview:

The last photo in the above site is similar to the one printed on page 3 of todays Evening Standard, I'm not sure if you can see it on the website but its called http://www.thisislondon.co.uk
The article mentions that the character of Jinx is a villain.

#4 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 12:00 AM

Interestingly enough, the site also has an article on John Cleese, whom they claim has "Lost His Funny Bone." Well, I hope this isn't true for DAD.

#5 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 12:10 AM

its a completely intentional "wink and a nod" to Dr No and Ursella Andress 40 years ago.

#6 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 11:33 AM

Seen it all before! Here's an idea for a present for Bond fans for the 40th anniversary... give us a really cool, original scene not this rip off!!! I mean Austin Powers did that in his last film! How's about something cool like Jinx coming out of the water in something different like a shiffon wrpa drenched and sticking to her body... now that's sexy... then Bond dries her off and they have some cool flirty dialogue. I just think it's a cop out. Her coming out of the water would be a tribute enough for me... this just screams "Look at us we're paying homage to Dr No! Look mummy look!" and it's a bit ****py! I do like the orange though. Seems Jinx will dress really bright what with that Pink dress and everything. Now that's a bit more original.

#7 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 09:13 AM

Orange is coming back, as a fad. Like baby blue.

Is it really an homage to Dr. No though? Granted, it's perfectly logical to pay tribute to the first and the one that started it all. But it could be just Lindy Hemming's fashion sense. Who's to know? Let's hope we receive some real, meaty, inside facts and tidbits about the making of Die Another Day. By this, I mean, something that is nothing like the half-hearted effort for that of The World is not Enough. Based on that effort, no, Zencat, I have no faith in MGM's marketing.

And from the news report:

The Mirror has published a report about the scene saying Jinx "even copies the moment where Andress seductively swept her wet hair back into a ponytail".

How, may I ask, is this possible given Halle's hair style? :)

Die Another Day's looking great. And well, it looks like Pierce DOES smoke! (You've been vindicated, Xen.)

#8 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:13 PM

aaaaahhhhhhhh yes ............Pussy Galore!

#9 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:32 PM

Is it just me, or is she wearing a belt very similar to Honey's? great pictures, BTW.

#10 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 09:11 PM

I like the pictures and the whole idea a lot. I guess the only thing is that I wish it were a white bikini. I know that Ursula Andress had one and they're probably wanting to distinguish Halle from her. However, I think this orange one (which the newspapers describe as 'yellow') looks like it almost borders on a Baywatch colour. Also, orange or yellow seem to be colours reminiscent of the 1970s which would look more dated and out of the Roger Moore era. White is a more classic colour.

#11 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:34 PM

Double-Oh-Zero (11 Apr, 2002 11:32 p.m.):
Is it just me, or is she wearing a belt very similar to Honey's? great pictures, BTW.

No, it's not just you. She is wearing Honey's belt. I believe it's intentional. Look at the bikini, basically the same - just updated.

#12 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:08 PM

WOW!! That picture above is so hot! So are the others.
I tell you, I really cannot wait to see this movie.
It looks like Halle Berry is going to be 'Brosnan's Girl'!*
Regards

*By this I mean the favourite Bond Girl of the Brosnan era.

#13 Jay

Jay

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 10:29 PM

I remember when TND was coming out their was an issue of Cigar Afficianado that had Brosnan on the cover I read it being a Cigar fan and of course a Bond fan. He is an avid cigar smoker, he enjoys a great Cuban cigar now and then, if memory serves me correct I believe it was Cohibas. If he is in "Cuba" I think it would be very cool if Bond does smoke a cigar. I mean for some reason cigar smoking still has that cool persona that cigarettes has lost. Plus he's in Cuba and he is talking to Raul who owns a cigar factory so use the cigar smoking Eon, i hope this isn't just Brosnan himself enjoying a stogie!

#14 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 11:42 AM

Oh yeah... but she does look hot! :)

#15 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 12:21 PM

very cool, the homages to the earlier films and Fleming himself are great....shows the producers and writers are completely aware of the tradition of Bond.....contrary to what some may have you believe, Bond has not lost it....all these subtleties are very cool...

#16 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 09:58 PM

I love orange, It's quite a contemporary colour.

#17 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 01:19 PM

Heres some pictures from British newspaper The Sun

Posted Image

Posted Image
She looks great!

And what about this pic of Brosnan and Berry...

Posted Image
Notice that Brosnan has a CIGAR in his hand!

Check out the rest of the article here

#18 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 01:15 PM

Regarding Brosnan's CIGAR, I hope it's not courtesy of Q Branch because I have Q-cigars coming up in my SILVERTONGUE fan fic :). Here's some dialogue:

007 TO Q: "One problem Q...I don't smoke cigars. I prefer cigarettes myself".

Q: "You do now, 007. Whether you kill yourself with cigarettes or cigars it's still not quick enough for me".

007: "If only the Government health warnings were that direct. So what do I do with them, Q ?".

Q: "Well 007...besides putting some of them in your mouth and lighting them the rest are extremely hazardous to your enemy's health. See the ones with the three bands near the tips ?. They are the ones you should avoid...".
Any good or not ?.