This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Folks...you need to come in and help Sophie Marceau out...

12 replies to this topic

#1 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 06:04 AM

Over at another board that I participate in, there is a poll to decide who is the fans' favorite leading lady of Pierce Brosnan.

Currently, Stephanie Zimbalist is winning and that is just wrong. I don't understand that. (Well, yeah, OK, it is a "Remington Steele" fan site, but these guys have got to know good acting when they see it, and when they don't! ;-) )

Can some of you go over and please vote for Sophie...or someone else...anyone else...just as long as SZ doesn't win.

http://www.websteele...wtopic.php?t=12

In case you get lost, the thread is called "Who is your favorite of Pierce's Womanly Co-Stars?"

And while you are at it, stay..."bond" with some other internet fans. Yes, I know the site is devoted to "Remington Steele" but lots of other stuff goes on there, and the moderator of the site is a very nice young lady named Kelly, who I suspect will go far in the Cyber world.

-- Xenobia

#2 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 03:02 PM

I sneaked a message in there on page 4 Xen, I just want to know HOW to vote:confused:

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 06:24 PM

Hey Carver:

You need to register at the site, and once you do, the button that allows you to vote will pop up.

Thanks for heading over there Carver!

-- Xenobia

#4 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:11 PM

Aw geez, uhm, what name shall I use...?:). Well, I'll register at the site just to get the vote in Xen, and that will probably be my only post, I'll just join anything for a laugh, sign me up to the army if you will:p. But, I have a confession........I've never ever seen a single episode of Remington Steele, not even a clip or anything, sorry

#5 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:24 PM

Well, I registered purely for that reason Xen, but still, no button pops up about voting. Its probably plain obvious, I'm just too thick to notice it. Can you point me in the right direction?:)

#6 urhash

urhash

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 11:13 PM

The trick is to login after you sign up for the account. It doesn't automatically log you in.

Once you do, the poll list will allow you to make your own selection. I just voted for Sophie (I'm the first! lol)

Dan

#7 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 12:25 AM

Thanks urhash, I got in a vote for Sophie. It seems though, that the Remington Steele-ers don't take kindly to xen's ''reinforcements'', so I've made them a promise which I intend to keep, to stay on those boards. Oh god, what have I been dragged into now?:)

#8 Myrtle Groggins

Myrtle Groggins

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 02:01 AM

Please, no cheating. We want to play fair and square.

The "Everybody Loves Remington" board is a board for people who like the TV series, "Remington Steele" and its stars. Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan, Doris Roberts and others who appeared on the series.

You are welcome to join us, even if you haven't seen the series but like Pierce Brosnan. Try watching a few episodes. You might like what you see. Pierce was lots of fun in it, and Stephanie played one smart cookie.

Myrtle Groggins

#9 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 03:56 AM

This folks is a joint post, appearing both at Commanderbond.net and Everybody Loves Remington.

Don't worry Myrtle...no cheating is allowed. This is actually Xen's secret plot to get folks from ELR to visit here to talk Bond, and the folks here who like RS to go to ELR and give us new blood.

Carver...give it a couple of months...I hear that RS may begin airing again on cable stations around the world.

-- Xenobia

#10 Peter

Peter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:31 AM

Why are you against Stephanie Zimbalist winning anyway? She was great on that show.

#11 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 03:34 AM

Hi Peter:

She was great on that show, but there are other great actresses on that show who worked as well, if not better with Pierce Brosnan than Stephanie Zimbalist.

I was merely trying to even things up a bit.

-- Xenobia

#12 Peter

Peter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:10 AM

Okay. Just wondering. Is the survey still going on?

#13 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:05 AM

I think the survey is now over, or it has gone into the archives. Sorry.

-- Xenobia