LONDON ROOFTOP SEQUENCE?

7 replies to this topic

#1 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 03:44 AM

Well I thought I knew everything about OHMMSS, but evidently there's a deleted London rooftop sequence. Would anyone care to chime in on this fascinating bit of trivia or where one might find the facts on this?

#2 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 08:08 AM

ignore this would you

#3 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 03:20 AM

OO7Qbranch (09 Feb, 2002 08:08 a.m.):
ignore this would you

Ignore what?

#4 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 04:13 AM

007 was apparently chasing an enemy agent, Sir Hilary Bray's assistant who was bugging 007's conversation with Bray. When Bond finds out...the chase is one. Another scene ditched was an elaborate scene about the aftermath of a fake train accident, with the above enemy agent, dead on board, to trick Blofeld into believing his spy died in an accident, and so to take the heat out of 007's risky assignment impersonating Bray. I don't know whether the latter was filmed or not.

#5 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 10:52 PM

Neat. Thanks for fielding that one Nexus.

#6 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 December 2001 - 12:29 AM

hi
here is a picture of the deleted scene:

level007

#7 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 December 2001 - 07:53 PM

Wow. That's awesome. As much as I appreciate the 007 dvd's, I can't help but wish they were REAL special editions, which included all deleted material. Why not just release this stuff? Very cool, level007.

#8 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 08:13 AM

Jacques Nexus (23 Dec, 2001 04:13 a.m.):
Another scene ditched was an elaborate scene about the aftermath of a fake train accident, with the above enemy agent, dead on board, to trick Blofeld into believing his spy died in an accident, and so to take the heat out of 007's risky assignment impersonating Bray. I don't know whether the latter was filmed or not.

I read years ago about a train wreck scene being filmed, but dismissed it since I couldn't see anywhere that such a sequence would fit into the film. The idea that it followed on from the rooftop chase is fascinating.
I'd love to see this stuff, too, but it may not still exist. Until recent years it wasn't usual practice to retain unused footage.
Still, the fact that the DAF deleted scenes were found offers a glimmer of hope.