2 replies to this topic

#1 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Anyone see it yet?  Reviews are mostly good. . .

https://www.rottento...mic_blonde_2017

#2 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:41 AM

I saw this today and I loved it!

Theron nails it as the main character, MI 6 agent  Lorraine Broughton. This movie reminded me of how much went on politically in the 1980's. I enjoyed having the eventual fall of the Berlin Wall as the back drop for the story and though you have to pay attention, the double and triple agent double crosses were fun to try to anticipate.

I was a big fan of Point of No Return and the Kill Bill movies too, so it's no surprise I that I thoroughly enjoyed the numerous action scenes.    Always fun to image being able to actually do those kick-ass action shots...especially when it's only days away from returning to work.

While I don't think Bond should become Jane Bond, it was a treat to see a woman play an agent of roughly Bond's caliber so convincingly.

The great set design, costuming and soundtrack really got me back into the spirit of the 1980's. 

If you like the spy genre (and you obviously do if you are browsing posts on CBN) this movie is definitely worth a look. I am contemplating a second look (which is usually reserved for Bond films).

#3 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

I saw this for Charlize. She's sexy and tough and I enjoyed her performance. I loved how her character was always drinking and smoking like Fleming's Bond. The fight sequences were hard and engaging - the seven minute long stairwell sequence was the standout. I'm glad I saw it.