6 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:27 AM

I enjoy movie and TV collectibles.  I have a number of the Bond cars.  But HERE is the question?

I can't seem to find any high quality James Bond statues/action figures.  I'm a stickler for detail and accuracy.  Has any company made statues of the various Bonds, and/or highly, highly detailed action figures?

If so...

What company?  Where can I buy them?  How much are they?  I haven't seen anything on Ebay or Amazon.

If not, please let me know.

I guess it's just the kid in me, but it would be cool to have a set of the Bond's among my collectible statues.

#2 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

Haven't you heard of this yet? http://www.007.com/0...to-be-produced/

#3 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

I am quite clueless about the topic, so it's probably a totally useless remark from me: were not the Sideshow thingies considered at the top of the range as detail and quality go? There must be quite a number of them on eBay. Also not exactly cheap, but collectors have their own definition of worth, admittedly...

#4 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

I own some Sideshow figures. They're very nice to look at, quite accurate and fairly faithful to the actual actor.

#5 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

I was quite fond of the Sideshow figures, though there's something "doll-like" about them, for sure.  The likenesses are (usually) good, but there's an artificial quality to them, a "plastic-ness" that lands them somewhere between "likelike" and "toy-like."  Which honestly, is good enough for me, but some collectors seem to want a lot more.  Hot Toy's figures, for instance, are incredibly lifelike -- almost eerily so --  and they go for much higher prices than the Sideshow offerings did (at least at the time).  If you're really a "stickler for detail and accuracy," you may or may not find Sideshow up to your standards, but its a cinch they're not as "realistic" as Hot Toys, if that matters to you.  Also, the Sideshow line ended before the Craig era, so if he's your man, you need to keep looking.

The new offerings are coming from Big Chief, whose output is up there in Hot Toys territory when it comes to price, and for my money they're very impressive when it comes to clothes and accessories for their 12-inch figures. But -- and again this is just my opinion, the likenesses, while generally very strong, lack a certain something.  I looked long and hard at their Doctor Who line, and while I feel like there's nothing technically "wrong" with their likenesses of Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, etc, they nonetheless lack a "spark of life."  They're like wax figures in Madame Tussaud's:  technically accurate, but cold and lifeless.  Maybe I'll like their Bonds better.

Actually, it's always bothered me that an A-list franchise like Bond has never, really, generated much in the way of high-quality collectibles.  This is especially true in the area of figures, when you consider all the unique and fascinating characters that have been featured in the series.  

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

This will be of interest:

http://www.toynews-o...-figures/047364

#7 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

Thank you guys for the info.  Sorry I haven't gotten back.  It's been a busy month!  I will be looking for this Big Chief Studios release.