63 replies to this topic

#61 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Good call there, didn't look at it this way before. Indeed, going by SPECTRE Craig's Bond has been up against them in all his films.

#62 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:45 AM

Also, since SPECTRE stated that Blofeld was the mastermind of all previous Craig-era villainous schemes, one might definitely conclude that it´s time to give Spectre a rest.

High time for another bad guy.

After the approach Skyfall and SPECTRE took, I'm ready for something different. Both of those villains had delayed introductions, mainly for dramatic effect, but as a result, they received less screen-time. 

#63 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

Also, since SPECTRE stated that Blofeld was the mastermind of all previous Craig-era villainous schemes, one might definitely conclude that it´s time to give Spectre a rest.

After the approach Skyfall and SPECTRE took, I'm ready for something different. Both of those villains had delayed introductions, mainly for dramatic effect, but as a result, they received less screen-time. 

Agreed. A Bond book/film is as good as is villain. And they were underused during the Mendes films. So far, from the Craig era, my favorite villain was Le Chiffre, and he was introduced almost right from the start. 

#64 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

Agreed. A Bond book/film is as good as is villain. And they were underused during the Mendes films. So far, from the Craig era, my favorite villain was Le Chiffre, and he was introduced almost right from the start. 

Absolutely agree! It's a shame Mendes seemed unable to present the story from a perspective other than Bond's/MI6. It mostly works in SF because of Bardem's incredible introduction and presence... but falls flat in SP.

There's nowt wrong with the normal formula - introduce our villain(s) within the first 30mins!