144 replies to this topic

#121 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:34 AM

Make the escape from the crater a bit more interesting, as that really was too easy given what he'd just been through.

I do agree with this now. From that point on, the film basically becomes something of a snooze-fest. 

There are not many Bond films that maintain the tension and excitement throughout the final third. None of the last 8 Bond movies have done it in my opinion. Including Tomorrow Never Dies which has plenty of gunfire and explosions but isn't more interesting than the end of SPECTRE.

#122 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

In all drafts Sciarra was to fall through the helicopter blades as the chopper was flipping upside down. Would have been far more interesting, graphic, and satisfying.

Would have been hard to still fly the helicopter after that, no? 

#123 Pierceuhhh

Pierceuhhh

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

Finding enough of him to put in a coffin for the funeral scene would be harder!

I just wish there were SOMETHING. Preferably a flappy-legged Max Zorin dummy falling 1000 feet and bouncing off a roof.

Imagine if at the end of LALD we just saw Yaphet Kotto farting and rising out of the water - we'd be asking "Where did he go?" You need to see him pop on the ceiling for the mental circuit to be closed! Guy Hamilton... a master filmmaker...
I'd set the entire Morocco scene in Austria. Make better use of the location and give the movie more of its own flavour. As it stands, we've already seen Craig and his Bond girl stranded in a desert and blowing up a desert hideout. The repetition cheapens both QOS and SPECTRE.

L'Americain could have instead been a rundown, frosty, candlelit tavern type place. The train could have instead made its way through a MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS blizzardy landscape. Blofeld's base could have been in a glacier or under a frozen lake.

The finale could have been the plane chase we see, transplanted from the middle and with Bond trying simply to kill Blofeld rather than rescue Madeline in the most dangerous possible way. Would have removed a few dozen million from the budget too, probably.

#124 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

The movie also needs more villains, and more interaction between them. SPECTRE is supposed to be a big outfit, instead it's Blofeld and Hinx, who don't even know each others names, and a handful of faceless people.

Quoted for truth!

CR gave us plenty of this, QoS did too, but with Mendes everything seems to be told from the perspective of the heroes... even the White-Blofeld connection is not explored enough.

#125 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

In all drafts Sciarra was to fall through the helicopter blades as the chopper was flipping upside down. Would have been far more interesting, graphic, and satisfying.

Not necessarily. I've heard tales from Vietnam where they would use the main rotors on the hueys to cut down trees in the landing zone and still be airworthy. Sciarra would have been cut to ribbons with probably some extra turbulence but I think the chopper would still fly. Plus it's a movie so I would let them get away with it, but that's just me. I have a soft spot for propeller kills, probably because Raiders is one of my favorite films and I like stuff like the snowblower guy and Dario's demise. 

#126 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:38 AM

Not necessarily. I've heard tales from Vietnam where they would use the main rotors on the hueys to cut down trees in the landing zone and still be airworthy. Sciarra would have been cut to ribbons with probably some extra turbulence but I think the chopper would still fly. Plus it's a movie so I would let them get away with it, but that's just me. I have a soft spot for propeller kills, probably because Raiders is one of my favorite films and I like stuff like the snowblower guy and Dario's demise. 

Yes, but the plane in Raiders wasn't flying, and Dario's death didn't involve a flying machine.  I can't imagine a helicopter blade survives chopping a body (and obviously a body doesn't survive a helicopter blade chop!)

#127 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:15 AM

The Last Boy Scout.

(Okay,another movie, but still...)

#128 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

They did shred a plane with a propeller on Mythbusters and the propeller survived. It cut through the cabin like butter. I'd say it's very possible for someone to fall through a helicopter rotor and have the craft still be airworthy, although there's no way to know for sure. As AMC Hornet has mentioned it's been done before in other movies, i.e The Last Boy Scout, also in Shoot 'em up and another similar event in the first Captain America movie. And as said before in real life helicopter rotors have been used to take down trees which I imagine are much tougher than a human body.  But alas, that's not what happens in SPECTRE. Sciarra just goes flying away, although maybe he nicked the edge of the blades offscreen. It kinda looks like he goes flying upwards a little as he disappears from frame. 

#129 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

During my time in the service, I have read of sailors injured or killed by helicopter rotors.  The aircraft were still airworthy after the accidents.

#130 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

I personally don't think we needed to see Sciarra hit the ground in a bloodied mess. As soon as he's kicked out, he's effectively dead. He doesn't have a parachute - he's a goner. 

#131 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:14 AM

While I agree that we don't need to see any bloodied mess hit the ground, it's just that compared to what was scripted I found Sciarra's death in the film to be a little bland. Plus Bond kills the pilot in the exact same way in film and script so it's a little repetitive, not to mention C also falls to his demise and we already had Patrice fall from a skyscraper in SF. If only for a little variety, I find the idea of falling into the blades of an upside down helicopter far more creative than what we got. They don't need to show the gory details, just an extra shot of Sciarra falling/flying towards the blades and then a cut away with an offscreen sound f/x of Sciarra getting shredded, maybe some reaction shots from Bond and the pilot. Kinda like Carlos in CR where you don't actually see him get blown up. 

#132 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

There are just as many others who would complain about the unnecessary gruesomeness of such a scene.

Yer just can't please everyone.

#133 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

While I agree that we don't need to see any bloodied mess hit the ground, it's just that compared to what was scripted I found Sciarra's death in the film to be a little bland. Plus Bond kills the pilot in the exact same way in film and script so it's a little repetitive, not to mention C also falls to his demise and we already had Patrice fall from a skyscraper in SF. If only for a little variety, I find the idea of falling into the blades of an upside down helicopter far more creative than what we got. They don't need to show the gory details, just an extra shot of Sciarra falling/flying towards the blades and then a cut away with an offscreen sound f/x of Sciarra getting shredded, maybe some reaction shots from Bond and the pilot. Kinda like Carlos in CR where you don't actually see him get blown up. 

Maybe by adding a "Wilhelm Scream" .

https://en.wikipedia.../Wilhelm_scream

#134 Darthyan

Darthyan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

Here's my rough idea

I had a few ideas.

After Mexico Bond and M are having a chat. M points out that while Bond was able to thwart the attack, the way in which it was conducted is still being used as ammunition.

I'd vastly shorten the rome sequence and focus it on getting Lucia to safety. The action scene is Bond and his car rushing to evade assassins with Lucia in tow. Bond presses Lucia when she's safe with Felix and she reveals that her husband was trying to track down a man called the Pale King. Bond has Q do research on it and is shocked to learn that it's Mr White. Q quickly tracks White down and Bond goes to meet him.

At this point, another terrorist attack rocks South Africa; we see the carnage and the misery inflicted.

Bond encounters White and his daughter Madeline. Bond subdues Madeline but doesn't kill her. He and White have a long chat; White explains that after Bond foiled the Bolivia operation Quantum was crippled and on the run. They were approached by a mysterious up and coming criminal named Blofeld, who offered to ensure their survival and resurgence if they sold out to him and joined him. While some of them did so eagerly White was suspicious and did research on him. What little he did uncover about Blofeld's past was enough to horrify even him (Blofeld slaughtered most of his fellow mercs to ensure his survival and left one alive to carry the "additional protein".) Ever since than White's been on the run, trying to find ways to bring Blofeld down with what little resources he has. He also reveals that he was the one who first leaked to M that there was a shadowy hand behind each of the attacks. At this point a team of assassins shows up and tries to kill White and James. James kills them but White is mortally wounded in the shootout; he tells James the information he needs, but only somewhat. At this point when Bond looks out he discovers that the second wave is preparing to blow up the house. Bond and Madeline narrowly flee the explosion and escape into the mountains.

Act II

Later on in an villiage Bond and Madeline talk with Q over a laptop; Bond is suspicious as to how the assassins were able to track White given that Sciarra's information was incomplete. They realize that someone within MI6 is feeding information to the mysterious organization; Bond is informed that while they might be able to offer sporadic help Bond will be on his own for the most part. Madeline demands to go with Bond; Bond is at first reluctant since Madeline, while somewhat proficient, is hardly a skilled agent. Madeline successfully points out that she's the only one who knows where L'American is, and that Bond can't just leave her lying around, since Spectre's assassins might gun for her. Bond reluctantly agrees to let her tag along.

We cut to Tunisia, where Bond and Madeline are walking through the streets. They have some discussion but eventually arrive at L'American. They get into the hotel room and look around. During this time they talk about their contrasting relations with Mr White. Madeline admits that she loved her father, but ultimately hated his criminal way of life. She cut off ties with him, but less than a week ago her father contacted her to reveal that he was dying of terminal cancer and he wanted to say goodbye to her. That was when James showed up. Eventually they find the secret room in L'American; it contains information about Blofeld and Spectre. Bond copies the information and sends it to Q; Q informs them that everything has been shut down and 00 is out of business. However, he'll try to do whatever it takes.

Bond and Madeline spend time on the train like in the movie, having a chat, and becoming closer. However, Hinx attacks them while on the train. We get a quick fight sequence, and Bond is forced to choose between saving her or taking Hinx out. He saves her, but gets knocked out.

Act III:

Q, who has been monitoring Bond, is shocked and immediately reports to M Bond's dire straights. M agrees to help, but realizes that they need help to go up against Blofeld. Q contacts Felix and M contacts several old friends in the army, assembling a covert strike team of American and British agents. They quickly head to Tunisia in order to rescue Bond. The question is whether they'll make it in time.

Bond wakes up bound in a cell, with several guards pointing guns at him and Madeline to ensure that neither of them makes any moves. Bond's gadgets have also been confiscated, except for the exploding watch. Eventually, a tall, muscular women named Irma Bunt releases the two, and orders them to follow her. She leads them to a dark chamber, where the Karterhoff meteor is on display. Blofeld emerges from the shadows, describing the meteor like in the movie. He takes them to his control room, explaining the nature of his plan. To twist the knife in even further he taunts Bond with the fact that if anything, Bond's the one who's made it all possible. After all, it was gaining Quantum's resources that allowed him to get into the big leagues and he only gained THAT after Bond crippled the Tierria project. He also mocks Bond about Madeline, comparing her to Vesper. He further states that every woman close to Bond either dies or drifts away (Camille Montes). He also reveals that while Silva didn't directly work for him he did provide logistical support and weaponry for him to cary out his vendetta. Eventually, we get to the torture room. Blofeld starts to torture them.....but just as the drills are about to enter Alarms start blaring and a massive explosion begins to rock the base. M and Felix have come through, sending a mixed team of US soldiers and British agents off the books. The chaos allows Bond to break free and attack Blofeld with the exploding watch like in the movie. Blofeld flees, badly injured and Bond goes in pursuit. He meets up with the commander of the operation, and tells him to go to the control room and access as much information as they can. Bond pursues Blofeld but runs into Hinx. They engage in a final showdown. Bond manages to defeat him by beating him to death with the Kartenhoff meteorite. The base goes up, but in the aftermath Blofeld's body is not found. Bond realizes that Blofeld is still out there. In London, C is arrested, as during the raid they were able to gather additional proof of his ties to Blofeld. Nine Eyes is shut down and the other nations that suffered from Blofelds terror attacks agree to combine their resources....only this time it's to bring Blofeld down. Bond meets Madeline; they have fallen in love but after almost watching him die Madeline feel they cannot be in a relationship. Not as long as James is part of the service and his life is in danger.

In the shadows, Blofeld swears that Bond shall pay; the battle has been lost but the war has just begun.

#135 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

There are just as many others who would complain about the unnecessary gruesomeness of such a scene.

Yer just can't please everyone.

While that's true somehow I doubt it. Either way I would say let them complain just as I am free to express my dissatisfaction with how the final scene turned out in film. To me it feels more like they were getting lazy than it being too over the top or gory. As for complaints, the first Captain America movie shows a Hydra goon get thrown into a propeller headfirst getting turned into a fine red paste all onscreen and uncensored, and that's practically a family film and in most places I've seen that moment referenced as one of peoples favorite bits in the film, probably because of the Raiders nostalgia. I've also seen praise for the callback seen in Winter Soldier where Bucky kicks the SHEILD tech into the quintet engine. I don't know why but these scenes usually get more good attention than bad, at least from what I've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the original idea of Sciarra going into the blades from Captain America because it's almost the same idea as the first movie, pilot makes desperate maneuvers to throw hero from the aircraft they're clinging to only for the villain to get thrown into the blades. Also it's not like Fleming or the films have shyed away from gruesome moments every now and then "He had plenty of guts", "Switch the bloody machine off". and "They'll print anything these days". I don't know, it's just me but I have a thing for villains getting gorily killed via machinery, for that I blame Raiders and also stuff like Major Grant getting sucked into the jet turbine in Die Hard 2. Graves death from DAD is one of favorite parts of that film. One thing it did right. If they had kept Sciarra demise as scripted it would have been a cool reference to both OHMSS and LTK since we have SPECTRE back and the Mexican setting, even the same hotel lift as LTK.

The snowplow guy in OHMSS is straight from Fleming, although in the novel it was a snow fan at the front of the train the results are the same, as Bond put it in the novel "mincemeat" as he's sprayed with pink snow. Interesting enough, Zenia was originally supposed to die from flying into helicopter rotors in an early draft of GE but that changed for the final film but that one I didn't have too much issues with. Regrettably the idea of falling into the blades of an upside down helicopter has now been wasted since the sequence was done in SPECTRE. It's the most disappointed I've been with a Bond movie moment since they failed to kill anyone with the saw blades in TWINE, also almost as bad as the wasting of the jungle cutter machine in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Interestingly something similar has happened in the scripts for the Last Crusade. There's that bit where the speedboats get caught in the suction of giant steamers propellers and gets shredded. In the final film no one seems to be pulled into the blades, although one turkish agent is kicked overboard his fate is left unknown and the final script just says he was knocked to the deck whereas in an earlier draft it clearly has the turkish agent pulled into the blades and leaving a huge red cloud in the water. And if you go further back it was even in the Monkey King version of Indy 3 and in that it was a Nazi agent named Klause who got sucked into the boat propeller. Shame that idea never made it into the final film, although there is a similar scene in the Benson novel The Facts of Death where a henchmen gets sucked into the rotors of a cruise ship, maybe that's something we might see happen in a future Bond movie.

Kinda like how originally in DAF Bond was to chase Blofeld from the oil rig to a shoreside salt mining facility. There was to be a chase across the salt dunes into the plant, where Bond would finally kill Blofeld by thrusting him to his death in a salt granulator, thus avenging Tracy. That I would have loved to see and would probably have made DAF one of my top 5 faves. However the idea was dropped and wound up in LALD in another form this time as a coffee plantation and Bond under threat of being run through an industrial coffee grinder, which eventually turned into the alligator farm idea. After watching stuff like The Good Shepard and the finger in the coffee and stories like what allegedly happened to Oleg Penkovsky, it makes me wonder if the filmmakers/screenwriters were referencing actual spy tales where people were cremated alive and or tossed into coffee grinders in real life. Kinda creepy when you think about some of the death traps. The salt/coffee grinder idea would finally be used in LTK with the cocaine grinder scene and the payoff is great. I hope some unused ideas find their way back to the films. Already wasted the helicopter kill twice, hopefully one idea I hope they revisit at some point along the line is using a solar furnace as a deathtrap as it was in several drafts of SPECTRE before we got the Colonel Sun inspired torture scene. That's one idea they can pull out from the bag. 

Maybe by adding a "Wilhelm Scream" .

https://en.wikipedia.../Wilhelm_scream

Ironically the script actually says something along the lines of..."and with a silent scream, Sciarra is gone, into the helicopters blades". Maybe they could bring that loud elephant man scream that they used in MR(PTS pilot), OP(Gobinda), and TLD(Necros). I miss that effect haha. For me the one flaw with SPECTRE is how it handles dispatching it's villains. A bit too generic for me, feels almost like TWINE where it seemed like Bond just shot all his opponents like it was a fps game. All the villains are either shot, blown up, or fall from a height. Which is why I so miss Sciarra's demise from the script. Even Hinx's exit is somewhat marred by being totally abrupt and somewhat inconclusive feeling. Is he really dead? As Hinx himself says right before his exit is exactly how I thought it was handled. Over there the script has Hinx about to open his mouth to say something before he's sucked under the wheels of the train. Not as bad as the change with Sciarra's demise but still a little bland. But I guess if I want to see some satisfying villains demise I can always watch LTK or OHMSS or TND or heck even DAD. Mr. Kil's death was more fun than Hinx's exit in my opinion. Even from the very beginning we had Dr. No boiled alive in his own reactor, that kinda sets the tone. Perhaps they want to bring Hinx back? If that's the case then hopefully they can use the idea of the henchmen being dropped into a furnace that was meant to be Jaws original fate in TSWLM. I like those brutal, creative, gruesome, sometimes painful deaths. It's pure Fleming, but don't get me wrong, I take no pleasure in stuff like seeing poor Quarrel burned alive, however it's different when it comes to the villains so I find it very satisfying that Dr. No died horribly for what he had done or Sanchez in LTK going up like a candle. For DN I think the film version of his death was good but it would be interesting to see if they'll ever use the idea of someone being buried alive in guano or some other substance. 

#136 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

"Well, we all get our jollies one way or another."

-Bond in TMWTGG

#137 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

Cut the phone call in the middle of the Rome chase and give it a better climax.

Oh I know!

When Bond parachutes out of the DB10*,

the splash from the car crashing into the river creates a tsunami and he surfs away!

Getting Hinx all wet!

#138 Darthyan

Darthyan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

YOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! What did people think of my outline? I think it's a good treatment.

#139 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Here's my rough idea

I had a few ideas.

After Mexico Bond and M are having a chat. M points out that while Bond was able to thwart the attack, the way in which it was conducted is still being used as ammunition.

I'd vastly shorten the rome sequence and focus it on getting Lucia to safety. The action scene is Bond and his car rushing to evade assassins with Lucia in tow. Bond presses Lucia when she's safe with Felix and she reveals that her husband was trying to track down a man called the Pale King. Bond has Q do research on it and is shocked to learn that it's Mr White. Q quickly tracks White down and Bond goes to meet him.

At this point, another terrorist attack rocks South Africa; we see the carnage and the misery inflicted.

Bond encounters White and his daughter Madeline. Bond subdues Madeline but doesn't kill her. He and White have a long chat; White explains that after Bond foiled the Bolivia operation Quantum was crippled and on the run. They were approached by a mysterious up and coming criminal named Blofeld, who offered to ensure their survival and resurgence if they sold out to him and joined him. While some of them did so eagerly White was suspicious and did research on him. What little he did uncover about Blofeld's past was enough to horrify even him (Blofeld slaughtered most of his fellow mercs to ensure his survival and left one alive to carry the "additional protein".) Ever since than White's been on the run, trying to find ways to bring Blofeld down with what little resources he has. He also reveals that he was the one who first leaked to M that there was a shadowy hand behind each of the attacks. At this point a team of assassins shows up and tries to kill White and James. James kills them but White is mortally wounded in the shootout; he tells James the information he needs, but only somewhat. At this point when Bond looks out he discovers that the second wave is preparing to blow up the house. Bond and Madeline narrowly flee the explosion and escape into the mountains.

Act II

Later on in an villiage Bond and Madeline talk with Q over a laptop; Bond is suspicious as to how the assassins were able to track White given that Sciarra's information was incomplete. They realize that someone within MI6 is feeding information to the mysterious organization; Bond is informed that while they might be able to offer sporadic help Bond will be on his own for the most part. Madeline demands to go with Bond; Bond is at first reluctant since Madeline, while somewhat proficient, is hardly a skilled agent. Madeline successfully points out that she's the only one who knows where L'American is, and that Bond can't just leave her lying around, since Spectre's assassins might gun for her. Bond reluctantly agrees to let her tag along.

We cut to Tunisia, where Bond and Madeline are walking through the streets. They have some discussion but eventually arrive at L'American. They get into the hotel room and look around. During this time they talk about their contrasting relations with Mr White. Madeline admits that she loved her father, but ultimately hated his criminal way of life. She cut off ties with him, but less than a week ago her father contacted her to reveal that he was dying of terminal cancer and he wanted to say goodbye to her. That was when James showed up. Eventually they find the secret room in L'American; it contains information about Blofeld and Spectre. Bond copies the information and sends it to Q; Q informs them that everything has been shut down and 00 is out of business. However, he'll try to do whatever it takes.

Bond and Madeline spend time on the train like in the movie, having a chat, and becoming closer. However, Hinx attacks them while on the train. We get a quick fight sequence, and Bond is forced to choose between saving her or taking Hinx out. He saves her, but gets knocked out.

Act III:

Q, who has been monitoring Bond, is shocked and immediately reports to M Bond's dire straights. M agrees to help, but realizes that they need help to go up against Blofeld. Q contacts Felix and M contacts several old friends in the army, assembling a covert strike team of American and British agents. They quickly head to Tunisia in order to rescue Bond. The question is whether they'll make it in time.

Bond wakes up bound in a cell, with several guards pointing guns at him and Madeline to ensure that neither of them makes any moves. Bond's gadgets have also been confiscated, except for the exploding watch. Eventually, a tall, muscular women named Irma Bunt releases the two, and orders them to follow her. She leads them to a dark chamber, where the Karterhoff meteor is on display. Blofeld emerges from the shadows, describing the meteor like in the movie. He takes them to his control room, explaining the nature of his plan. To twist the knife in even further he taunts Bond with the fact that if anything, Bond's the one who's made it all possible. After all, it was gaining Quantum's resources that allowed him to get into the big leagues and he only gained THAT after Bond crippled the Tierria project. He also mocks Bond about Madeline, comparing her to Vesper. He further states that every woman close to Bond either dies or drifts away (Camille Montes). He also reveals that while Silva didn't directly work for him he did provide logistical support and weaponry for him to cary out his vendetta. Eventually, we get to the torture room. Blofeld starts to torture them.....but just as the drills are about to enter Alarms start blaring and a massive explosion begins to rock the base. M and Felix have come through, sending a mixed team of US soldiers and British agents off the books. The chaos allows Bond to break free and attack Blofeld with the exploding watch like in the movie. Blofeld flees, badly injured and Bond goes in pursuit. He meets up with the commander of the operation, and tells him to go to the control room and access as much information as they can. Bond pursues Blofeld but runs into Hinx. They engage in a final showdown. Bond manages to defeat him by beating him to death with the Kartenhoff meteorite. The base goes up, but in the aftermath Blofeld's body is not found. Bond realizes that Blofeld is still out there. In London, C is arrested, as during the raid they were able to gather additional proof of his ties to Blofeld. Nine Eyes is shut down and the other nations that suffered from Blofelds terror attacks agree to combine their resources....only this time it's to bring Blofeld down. Bond meets Madeline; they have fallen in love but after almost watching him die Madeline feel they cannot be in a relationship. Not as long as James is part of the service and his life is in danger.

In the shadows, Blofeld swears that Bond shall pay; the battle has been lost but the war has just begun.

Brilliant.  Would have paid to see that movie.

#140 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

1. Keep the Thunderball/FRWL atmosphere
2. Have Christoph Waltz in shadow
3. Remove the childhood/stepbrother connection
4. Not have Bond go rogue
5. Have more of a backstory between SPECTRE and Quantum
6. NOT have Bond shoot at helicopters with a Walther
7. Have Blofeld escape so he could become a much larger threat for future movies.
8. More Mr. Hinx

#141 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Something that just came to mind:

would it not perhaps be more interesting to tie Blofeld and Spectre not with White/Quantum but solely with Silva? Why not make Silva and Blofeld lovers? And Blofeld taking over what remained from Silva's outfit after the events of SKYFALL. The nucleus of Spectre would then be a smaller operation which White tries to hire. We could then show Blofeld taking over the whole show right at the Rome conference, ideally in a particularly nasty way so we actually get to see Blofeld doing nasty things. When White opposes the takeover Blofeld lets one of his men bring in White's lobotomised son in a wheelchair - and a second wheelchair with his daughter, as yet unharmed. White's allowed to take his son home in exchange for information on Bond. Blofeld keeps White's daughter at a private clinic. White contacts Bond for help, telling him Blofeld wants revenge for Silva. Bond agrees to try and free White's daughter. At the clinic he's captured however, seemingly betrayed by White...

#142 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

Wow!  Creepy but very effective.  And Blofeld and Silva as lovers...  now that would have been a delicious reboot of Blofeld, with a totally fitting explanation of Silva´s behaviour.

Missed chances all around...

#143 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

Something that just came to mind:

would it not perhaps be more interesting to tie Blofeld and Spectre not with White/Quantum but solely with Silva? Why not make Silva and Blofeld lovers? And Blofeld taking over what remained from Silva's outfit after the events of SKYFALL. The nucleus of Spectre would then be a smaller operation which White tries to hire. We could then show Blofeld taking over the whole show right at the Rome conference, ideally in a particularly nasty way so we actually get to see Blofeld doing nasty things. When White opposes the takeover Blofeld lets one of his men bring in White's lobotomised son in a wheelchair - and a second wheelchair with his daughter, as yet unharmed. White's allowed to take his son home in exchange for information on Bond. Blofeld keeps White's daughter at a private clinic. White contacts Bond for help, telling him Blofeld wants revenge for Silva. Bond agrees to try and free White's daughter. At the clinic he's captured however, seemingly betrayed by White...

Sounds a lot better than what we got.

#144 Darthyan

Darthyan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

Here's my rough idea

I had a few ideas.

Act II

Act III:

Brilliant.  Would have paid to see that movie.

Thanks. I thought that it would kinda allow a bridge without having Blofeld behind everything. It also has a "bond indirectly creates the bad guy." Blofeld was somewhat successful, but Bond's taking Quantum down a peg allowed him to ascend to the big leagues, meaning Bond is to blame for Blofeld's rise to power. I also thought it would make White better; he's no saint but having Blofeld's evil appall even him shows Blofeld's darkness while giving white humanity. He's evil but he has limits and it shows that white is nowhere near Blofeld. 

On tvtropes someone made the point that quantum are bored rich guys playing super villains; Spectre are guys who got rich being super villains; they're the guys who would have been employed by Quantum. 

Quantum: We're badass.

Spectre: Bitch please.

I think that White would have fancied himself a hardass....than he meets the sheer depravity that is Blofeld.

One thing that should have been in the final movie is the whole "save Madeline or let her die." Blofeld has Madeline trapped in a fatal spot and gives Bond a choice. Leave her to die and live with the guilt or die saving the woman you love. Bond ultimately can't let this happen again and this time he manages to save Madeline. They escape and Bond manages to stop Blofeld. We get the dramatic scene on the bridge (somewhere else) and Bond allows Blofeld to be taken into custody. It's the perfect end to his arc. He's finally left the life of killing behind and is happy.

That is to say in Bond 25: Bond finally achieves absolution and someone else can take the mantle. It's a beginning middle and end. 

#145 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:20 AM

How would you redo From Russia With Love?

Goldfinger?

Casablanca?

How would you justify the necessity?