47 replies to this topic

#1 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hey guys,

We Bond fans at James Bond Radio are currently running 30 Days of SPECTRE, where we release a new podcast every single day talking about a different aspect of the new film. We begin with a 100% spoiler free (no hints, no insinuations...nothing) episode all about our night at the red carpet premiere at the Royal Albert Hall. Obviously it's spoiler city from day 2 onwards, so if you haven't seen the film yet, I'd hold back on listening past the first episode.

Day 001: The Red Carpet Premiere 

Day 002: The Pre-Title Sequence 
Day 003: The Title Sequence

Day 004: M

Day 005: Q

Day 006: Moneypenny

Day 007: James Bond

Day 008: Lucia Sciarra

Day 009: Madeleine Swann

Enjoy :-)

Chris & Tom

Edited by JamesBondRadio.com, 09 November 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#2 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

Listening to Day 1 right now. Man, you guys had such a blast! I'm jealous. I'm eager to keep going with day 2, but will grit my teeth for the next few days until I see the movie before I jump in and enjoy your thoughts on it. Keep up the great work!

#3 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Listening to Day 1 right now. Man, you guys had such a blast! I'm jealous. I'm eager to keep going with day 2, but will grit my teeth for the next few days until I see the movie before I jump in and enjoy your thoughts on it. Keep up the great work!

Thanks buddy! I can't recommend avoiding all spoilers highly enough, I feel like it would have ruined the whole experience if I knew what we had in store before we saw the film.

#4 FredJB007

FredJB007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

Just wanted to tell you guys- GREAT JOB!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast PTS and look forward to hearing it everyday. Very entertaining!!!

#5 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just wanted to tell you guys- GREAT JOB!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast PTS and look forward to hearing it everyday. Very entertaining!!!

Thanks FredJB007, so glad you enjoyed it :-)

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:07 AM

30 days!  :blink:

You guys are truly nuts.  :P  :laugh:  :rolleyes:  B)

Aaaaaand lovin' it!!

#7 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

Somehow I didn't know of you guys until now... been catching up on some of the older content. Tremendous! Over 4 hours for Moonraker? Crazy, in a great way!

#8 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

Aaaaaand lovin' it!!

Haha, yep, we are somewhat unhinged when it comes to Bond :-)

Somehow I didn't know of you guys until now... been catching up on some of the older content. Tremendous! Over 4 hours for Moonraker? Crazy, in a great way!

Welcome to the JBR family, Deth! If I remember correctly our TSWLM review was closing in on 5 hours  :wacko:

Day 3 of 30 Days of SPECTRE

This time we’re talking about that unique and wonderful feature of the Bond films, the title sequence.

We discuss the visuals, the nods to the past vs the new stuff we’ve not seen before and we take a good look at Sam Smith’s Writing’s on the Wall. Will it turn the haters into lovers once they see it in the context of the film? Will they hate it even more? Let’s find out in today’s episode of James Bond Radio!

http://jamesbondradi...title-sequence/

Edited by JamesBondRadio.com, 03 November 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#9 the man with the BB gun

the man with the BB gun

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Aaaaaand lovin' it!!

Haha, yep, we are somewhat unhinged when it comes to Bond :-)

Welcome to the JBR family, Deth! If I remember correctly our TSWLM review was closing in on 5 hours  :wacko:

Day 3 of 30 Days of SPECTRE

This time we’re talking about that unique and wonderful feature of the Bond films, the title sequence.

We discuss the visuals, the nods to the past vs the new stuff we’ve not seen before and we take a good look at Sam Smith’s Writing’s on the Wall. Will it turn the haters into lovers once they see it in the context of the film? Will they hate it even more? Let’s find out in today’s episode of James Bond Radio!

http://jamesbondradi...title-sequence/

I have to admit i didn't like Writing's on the wall when i first heard it but it's been slowly growing on me and when i saw it in the the film i became a fan of it.

#10 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:50 AM

Just listening to the chap on the left's opinion of the pre title sequence...

I completely agree with the concerns he had, and I had, of the humour element that was being touted as part of the be all and end all of SPECTRE.  Skyfall's humour was fantastically flat and no matter the lines Moore had to say in his films, his delivery was superb.  Craig had similar fluff to iterate and it all fell completely flat.

So I too was left with the thought that, Craig can't do humour.  That is not his strength.  Craig's strength is the brutality that he performs to within an inch of brilliance.

But the humour in SPECTRE was all superbly intelligent, and Craig delivered it in nonchalant perfection.  I Loved this film's humour.  It was off hand, chucked out, and moved on from.  It was perfect, and I cannot believe it is all the result of the same production team.

#11 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Absolutely love listening to you guys so keep up the amazing work! Eagerly anticipating part 5! :)

#12 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

The left chap (sorry, can't remember his name), his enthusiasm is utterly infectious.

Yeah Man!

Sorry, perhaps too infectious!

#13 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:36 AM

Just listening to the chap on the left's opinion of the pre title sequence...

I completely agree with the concerns he had, and I had, of the humour element that was being touted as part of the be all and end all of SPECTRE.  Skyfall's humour was fantastically flat and no matter the lines Moore had to say in his films, his delivery was superb.  Craig had similar fluff to iterate and it all fell completely flat.

So I too was left with the thought that, Craig can't do humour.  That is not his strength.  Craig's strength is the brutality that he performs to within an inch of brilliance.

But the humour in SPECTRE was all superbly intelligent, and Craig delivered it in nonchalant perfection.  I Loved this film's humour.  It was off hand, chucked out, and moved on from.  It was perfect, and I cannot believe it is all the result of the same production team.

Couldn't agree more. While CR is my favourite Craig film, I think SPECTRE is my favourite Craig performance, he really feels like Bond now, not just "Craig's interpretation of Bond"

- The Chap on the Left ;-)

Absolutely love listening to you guys so keep up the amazing work! Eagerly anticipating part 5! :)

Thanks, my friend. Episode 5 out first thing in the morning UK time :-)

Edited by JamesBondRadio.com, 05 November 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

Brillant! Looking forward to it immensely. Ive only seen the film once so far and I'm itching to see it again. This takes me back to the days of the CBn podcast. Would love to hear those again. It's great to hear other people talk so enthusiastically about something I'm so passionate about!

Damn, I'd love to go to a Bond premiere but there's no way I can afford it plus I'm in such a bit of an awkward place in the UK!

Loving the stuff guys. Consider me an avid listener until the end. Man, so much to catch up with! Hooked.

Edited by DamnCoffee, 05 November 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#15 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Sorry fella, am sure I will get plugged into the names shortly.

Just had to blurt out the agreement, and then found myself wanting in the research department.

#16 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:02 AM

Brillant! Looking forward to it immensely. Ive only seen the film once so far and I'm itching to see it again. This takes me back to the days of the CBn podcast. Would love to hear those again. It's great to hear other people talk so enthusiastically about something I'm so passionate about!

Damn, I'd love to go to a Bond premiere but there's no way I can afford it plus I'm in such a bit of an awkward place in the UK!

Loving the stuff guys. Consider me an avid listener until the end. Man, so much to catch up with! Hooked.

Thanks for the kinds words. Welcome to the JBR family :-)

Sorry fella, am sure I will get plugged into the names shortly.

Just had to blurt out the agreement, and then found myself wanting in the research department.

Haha, no worries my friend...Tom on the left, Chris on the right ;-)

#17 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Splendid.

#18 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

Tom & Chris,

Just watched the Q podcast. Very entertaining as usual.

But I think you are quite wrong about the whole... 

(Major Spectre spoilers ahead, do not click if you have not seen the film and want to stay spoiler free.)

Spoiler

#19 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

Excellent; most entertaining.

#20 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

Tom & Chris,

Just watched the Q podcast. Very entertaining as usual.

But I think you are quite wrong about the whole... 

(Major Spectre spoilers ahead, do not click if you have not seen the film and want to stay spoiler free.)

Spoiler

You might be right now you've said that :-)

Excellent; most entertaining.

Thanks Jim

Day 6 of 30 Days of SPECTRE!

It’s time to talk about another newly resurrected classic Bond character in today’s episode of James Bond Radio.

Moneypenny has always been a staple in the Bond series from Dr. No all the way through to Die Another Day. After her return in Skyfall, this time we get to see Naomi Harris’ Moneypenny settled in to the more traditional desk bound position as made popular by Lois Maxwell.

Let’s talk Moneypenny!

http://jamesbondradi...006-moneypenny/

#21 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hi Tom and Chris,
Another fun morning with JBR.

In answer to the 'does M know that Moneypenny has been helping Bond when they meet in Rules?' question.

Spoiler

#22 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hi Tom and Chris,

In answer to the 'does M know that Moneypenny has been helping Bond when they meet in Rules?' question.

Spoiler

Did we say that? I don't remember that question coming up  :S

#23 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hi Tom and Chris,

Spoiler

You are both talking about the Rules stuff, then Chris asked the question at about 18.53 on the You Tube version.

#24 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hi Tom and Chris,

Spoiler

You are both talking about the Rules stuff, then Chris asked the question at about 18.53 on the You Tube version.

Must have got caught up in the excitement...pretty obvious he knew by that point really :-)

#25 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Day 8 of 30 Days of SPECTRE!

It’s Lucia Sciarra day on James Bond Radio! Played by one of the world’s most beautiful women, it’s a crime Monica Bellucci hasn’t already been cast as a Bond Girl. She finally gets her shot in SPECTRE but is she underused? Should we have seen more of Mrs. Sciarra? Will we see her return in Bond 25?

Let’s talk all about Lucia Sciarra

http://jamesbondradi...-lucia-sciarra/

Edited by JamesBondRadio.com, 08 November 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#26 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Looking forward to listening to these, finally having seen the film!

#27 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

Did you enjoy it?

Day 9 of 30 Days of SPECTRE!

It’s time to talk Madeleine Swann on today’s edition of James Bond Radio. From her opening scene at the Hoffler Clinic to driving off into the London sunset in Bond’s DB5 she holds her own throughout. We get a solid backstory that sounds like it’s straight out of Fleming, some impressive pistol skills and let’s face it, she looks BANGIN’ in that dress. 

Make sure you tune in to Madeleine Monday only on James Bond Radio!

Edited by JamesBondRadio.com, 09 November 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#28 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

Did you enjoy it?

It’s time to talk Madeleine Swann on today’s edition of James Bond Radio. From her opening scene at the Hoffler Clinic to driving off into the London sunset in Bond’s DB5 she holds her own throughout. We get a solid backstory that sounds like it’s straight out of Fleming, some impressive pistol skills and let’s face it, she looks BANGIN’ in that dress. 

http://jamesbondradi...adeleine-swann/

Another great podcast guys. Really enjoying this every day.

Spoiler

#29 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

Did you enjoy it?

http://jamesbondradi...adeleine-swann/

Another great podcast guys. Really enjoying this every day.

Spoiler

Definitely thinking along the same lines as you for 25/26 ;-)

#30 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

Seems just to be 'hanging there' for me... Can't get past the circular 'egg-timer' thing.

Anyone else having problems?