6 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

One of the things I truly admire about the Bond series is it's knack to do the unimaginable, dangerous and insane. Some of the stunts in the Bond series have turned out to be some of the best in film history, and with the series always trying to top the one that came before, god only knows what Bond will have blown up and thrown himself into in the future. Anyone got any ideas for future action sequence and/or stunt work? There's people in the world who can do incredible things and if seen by producers could lend their services to future Bond installments. I mean, Cubby Broccoli saw a picture of a guy skiing heardfirst off a mountain one day in the seventies and look what happened there!

I came across this before, ignore the music but I could almost imagine Bond freehanded like this in the middle of an action sequence. Loading his gun and letting the thing drive itself. Look at the moves this guy can pull though? If that where Bond he'd end up standing on the damn thing and jumping onto another vehicle.

Edited by DamnCoffee, 16 October 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:02 PM

Something I'd love to see in Bond 25 is Craig leading a huge army of troops (a la YOLT/TSWLM/MR) in a siege on the Garden of Death. It would combine two things I've wanted to see in the Craig Era: 1) a classic Bond-like old school massive army battle finale and Fleming's Garden of Death sequence.

#3 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

This is actually really difficult to think of, which shows how hard it must be for the producers to do the same, and not only that but find ways to incorporate these things into the story satisfactory.

The Garden of Death is a brilliant idea, but I don't think it really fits into the Bond films as they stand. Perhaps when Bond is recast the producers will be tempted to scale things down again, and we may see Bond at the mercy of some insane individual, and he'll have to conquer tarantulas in air vents, or a giant squid, and the Garden of Death, but at the moment I don't see them going for any of these things that so far have not made it into the films.

Edited by agentbug, 01 November 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

I'm still holding out for an incredible ski sequence!

#5 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Snowmobiles!

#6 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

We definitely need to see Craig ski before the end of his time as Bond! But, what I think would be an interesting dynamic is to see how Craig's Bond reacts to a female enemy! An action sequence much like Bambi and Thumper w. Connery and Xenia w. Pierce in the spa and before her fantastic death would be a preference of mine. 

#7 Scot Balazs

Scot Balazs

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

That's an interesting opinion Damn Coffee, id only just posted elsewhere I thought the action hadn't been too impressive since Craig took over and needs an adrenaline injection

Would love to see some sort of zero g sequence, like the one from the new Mummy film which looks awesome from the trailer footage

Would like to see another parkour style chase similar to CR, but in a new York city type environment across rooftops and buildings

A car or bike chase through a tunnel system I thought would be good, like the London tube tunnels, similar in style to the getaway on bikes level early on in the Grand Theft Auto 5 video game

I really like the idea of returning to Gibraltar at some point, so perhaps some sort of action sequence incorporating the rock, maybe a bike/foot chase ending in fisticuffs

I like the foot chase/car chase sequence in a sandstorm from Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, perhaps something similar or set in a snowstorm

I also love the scene from Mission Impossible Rogue Nation where Cruise clings onto the side of the plane trying to get in, something similar to that would be cool

I would love to see a car chase sequence which incorporates much more explosions, crashes, other elements, like the car chase on the bridge from Bad Boys 2 or on the freeway from Matrix Reloaded, rather than have two cars chasing each other, have cars smashing all over the place, explosions, guns being fired and bullets flying, many people getting involved etc

Defo think the producers need to give the next films an adrenaline boost