This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

SPECTRE Trailer (non-spoiler discussion)

219 replies to this topic

Poll: The SPECTRE trailer

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Is, essentially...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Given that rating it out of 10 suggests a universal agreement about what is 0 and what is 10 when it comes to this poppycock, I might as well rate it (for all the good it will do, and actual meaninglful power that I have) as...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Insofar as deciding whether or not to see the final film, which presumably must be the idea behind any marketing ploy like this...

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Morning. I just had the weirdest dream, that I woke up at 3am to watch the SPECTRE trailer and it was amazing and they even used a new and they even used Barry's "OHMSS" as the music OH WAIT

#152 Logie

Logie

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

I don't want to tempt fate or anything, but I think this might be the best film of all time and everything's going to be totally great forever.

#153 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

Now I am blown away.

I wasn't as taken by the teaser as several others were and now I've got what I wanted out of a Bond trailer -- to be adrenalized, not just intrigued. I was having frightening visions of Skyfall 2.

Whereas I previously thought the MI: Rogue Nation Trailer was it, this SPECTRE trailer has basically reduced that one to just the money shot of the plane stunt. Now we have intrigue and action in the perfect blend. 

The worst part: I have to wait another 3-plus months to see it.

#154 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

The trailer blew my mind. Simply as that. And now Mr. Waltz, you will keep denying??? :D

UUgA6y2.png

#155 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Now the question of the day is....will there be a 3rd, final trailer? I know SF didn't have one but now most if not all blockbusters follow the teaser-theatrical-final campaign structure.

#156 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

The two trailers - teaser in March and now this one - contained three lines I like already, spoken by villains of course;
Mr White - "I always knew death would wear a familiar face..... but not yours." and "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane, Mr. Bond"
And now we have Oberhauser's "It was me, James. I was the author of all your pain."
Hope all three make the final cut.

#157 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

For those also wanting to pick this trailer apart - I'm uploading a set of hi-res (without the YouTube compression) screencaps right now....as well as a "super HD 1080p" version of the trailer with 5.1 hi-res surround audio for downloading and playing on your home cinema setups :D

UPDATE: HI-RES SCREENCAPS - 137 of them, at least one per each shot in the trailer: https://www.flickr.c...157656192638072

Edited by antovolk, 22 July 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#158 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

Goodness gracious, this trailer blew my socks right off. So much to digest, but what immediately stands out is the stuff that harkens back to the early films (the Q/Aston Martin scene, Bond in a white dinner jacket, snowy escapades). 

Someone posted a page or so back that Newman recorded that "OHMSS" cue just for the trailer, which is disappointing if true, as it would imply the cue won't find its way into the actual film. 

Also, that shot of the helicopter rolling in midair = A nod to the barrel roll in TMWTGG? 

#159 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Good call on that helicopter stunt, could well be. What I love is Waltz' Nuru-jacket...

#160 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

Loved it,  I´m very excited about this film, it seems to have the right combination of Spy-Fi Fantasy and spy thriller (as Goldfinger had) that makes up a great Bond Flick in my opinion. I do wish in a way that Bond wasn´t connected personally to Spectre (as it seems to be). But even though, this trailer reveals a stylish thrilling movie, can´t wait!

#161 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

After several viewings, Ms. Seydoux saying "It's called SPECTRE" still sends shivers down my spine.  I have been waiting since the early 80s to see SPECTRE on screen again, and I'm finally going to see it!  Bring on November 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#162 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

I do like the trailer a lot. It is stunning and dialogue looks great but I have two concerns:

1) I too would like to move on from Bond goes rogue/ this time its personal theme. It's pretty clear to me he has gone completely rogue given the dressing down M gives him. What I would have preferred would have been a situation where M fundamentally trusts Bond and asks him to go rogue - to do something off the books that cannot be officially sanctioned. I believe they have done that before I can't think of the film.

2) I do have some concerns of where this personal story is going. Specifically, this line concerns me "It was me, James. I was the author of all your pain." I have stayed almost completely spoiler free and don't know for certain what it means. But it could mean a few things and one of those worries me as a story line:

Spoiler

Edited by Pushkin, 22 July 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#163 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

the "super-HD" copy with the highest quality video and surround sound audio for your home theatres:

https://mega.co.nz/#...X9WrRIxKOrX5arE

(if you have issues with dialogue coming from the left hand side, switch to the second Dolby Digital AC3 track. Turns out it's an issue with some older players and VLC player with LPCM lossless audio)

#164 Silva25

Silva25

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

I do like the trailer a lot. It is stunning and dialogue looks great but I have two concerns:

1) I too would like to move on from Bond goes rogue/ this time its personal theme. It's pretty clear to me he has gone completely rogue given the dressing down M gives him. What I would have preferred would have been a situation where M fundamentally trusts Bond and asks him to go rogue - to do something off the books that cannot be officially sanctioned. I believe they have done that before I can't think of the film.

2) I do have some concerns of where this personal story is going. Specifically, this line concerns me "It was me, James. I was the author of all your pain." I have stayed almost completely spoiler free and don't know for certain what it means. But it could mean a few things and one of those worries me as a story line:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Silva25, 22 July 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#165 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

This time it's personaler.

Yes, it certainly seems that way. The if the next movie becomes any more "personaler" it'll be a soap opera!

#166 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

This time it's personaler.

Yes, it certainly seems that way. The if the next movie becomes any more "personaler" it'll be a soap opera!

I think we've already reached that point.

#167 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

There's something about Bond's jackets that just look too prestine when shot digitally! It looks like he's literally just bought it and tried it on. I'm thinking of the shot near the start where he's aiming with the gun.

Also, grow your hair out Daniel, it looks so much better longer!

Other than that, great trailer! ;)

#168 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Also, why are the gadgets in the DB10 marked with Dymo labels, and they look bolted onto the dashboard? I'm not a fan of the retro schtick, like with Bond's pistol in Skyfall, it looked very old-fashioned! Can we have a shiny working new car with built-in gadgets some time?

#169 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Noticed the Dymo labels, too, and was just about to mention them. It was done the same way in the Goldfinger DB5, and it's clearly a reference. And when you look at Q's lab in the DB10 presentation scene with its retro factory atmosphere, the DB9, the DB5 and that Norton bike from that Clapperboard shot lurking in the background, Dymo labels are just the thing you'd expect to come from a shop like that.

#170 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

There's something about Bond's jackets that just look too prestine when shot digitally!

It's shot on 35mm film.

Also, grow your hair out Daniel, it looks so much better longer!

It's got more length than in Skyfall. Just how long do you want it? 

daniel_craig_long_hair.jpg

#171 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:52 AM

Intrigued to see M fighting with Denbigh. M gets some action again.

#172 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

Woah. This has to be some kind of record, right?

11720708_10153577074899363_1828785006_n.

#173 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

The general public and the fan base are hungry for this movie. Skyfall's box-office record is within reach. 

#174 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:32 AM

Everyone loves Bond!

Even the non-Bond fans in my office are watching the trailer today.

#175 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

Everyone loves Bond!

Even the non-Bond fans in my office are watching the trailer today.

I've seen a story on the Herald Sun (a Melbourne newspaper for non Australian users) about the new trailer, and all of the comments are enthusiastic. 

#176 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

551 are secretly SPECTRE but I think it could get to 10 to 20 million mark by end of the month 

#177 ElFenomeno

ElFenomeno

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

great trailer.

my only desire, as it was with Skyfall, is that we hear the full, proper Bond theme during one major action scene. like proper theme. no Breadcrumbs please. or an interpertation . or the beggining, or a hint of the theme. no Sir, I want it loud. 

#178 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

551 are secretly SPECTRE but I think it could get to 10 to 20 million mark by end of the month 

Agreed. It's over 5 million already. 

#179 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

This being the internet and me being very nerdist in this case, can I state my impatience in regard to a new film poster for SPECTRE?  The new trailer really makes me want to see that, too!  ;)

#180 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

Seconded! And please, please make it a better job than Skyfall's!