This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

I'm being censored by IMDB (Serious discussion)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vahan

Vahan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

I have made THREE attempts on IMDB to express my outrage over something Honor Blackman said two years ago, and IMDB deleted ALL of my threads.

debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/63337-bond-girl-honor-blackman-comes-to-sidmouth/

Basically, she proudly celebrated the death of Margaret Thatcher, and took the Argentinian position of the Falklands dispute (ignoring the fact that virtually everyone there prefers to stay British).

Why am I being censored by IMDB? Why is nobody outraged over this? Why have none of the mainstream British papers (inclduing Daily Mail, who were strong Thatcher supporters) reported on this? Do they REALLY think the actress who played Cathy Gale in The Avengers and Pussy Galore in Goldfinger is above criticism?

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Vahan, I'm afraid CBn isn't the right place to discuss your problems with another board. In general, we made positive experiences with staying away - with a very small number of exceptions - from political turf wars. We are a club whose members of course have any number of different opinions, and rightfully so. But our policy is to stay away from the trenches and concentrate on the one trait we all share, being fans of James Bond. In this spirit we do not, as a rule, condone or encourage proliferating arguments from other boards onto our boards.

Discussion closed.