1 reply to this topic

#1 iexpectu2die

iexpectu2die

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Just a couple of things I've been wondering regarding the layout of the CBN website and forum at the moment.

a] Is there a reason why posts from the Spectre forum aren't showing up in 'latest discussion posts' on the right hand side of the homepage? That was always my go-to place for reading recent discussion about the latest film. It seems odd that we're seeing everything except that about Spectre. Obviously wouldn't want the spoiler forum on there, but surely the non-spoiler discussion ought to be there? For non-regular users it probably looks like CBN isn't even discussing the new film, which may deter potential new members?

b] It therefore seems that the only way of accessing the Spectre forum, and indeed the forum in general, is by the link at the bottom of the homepage. First world problem indeed, but it seems a convoluted process for accessing the most pertinent discussions at the moment. I'm sure there used to be a link to the forum at the top.

Or perhaps I've completely missed a glaringly obvious link somewhere. If so, apologies.

Edited by iexpectu2die, 14 April 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#2 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Just a couple of things I've been wondering regarding the layout of the CBN website and forum at the moment.

a] Is there a reason why posts from the Spectre forum aren't showing up in 'latest discussion posts' on the right hand side of the homepage? That was always my go-to place for reading recent discussion about the latest film. It seems odd that we're seeing everything except that about Spectre. Obviously wouldn't want the spoiler forum on there, but surely the non-spoiler discussion ought to be there? For non-regular users it probably looks like CBN isn't even discussing the new film, which may deter potential new members?

b] It therefore seems that the only way of accessing the Spectre forum, and indeed the forum in general, is by the link at the bottom of the homepage. First world problem indeed, but it seems a convoluted process for accessing the most pertinent discussions at the moment. I'm sure there used to be a link to the forum at the top.

Or perhaps I've completely missed a glaringly obvious link somewhere. If so, apologies.

a] No there isn't a particular reason, and it's not intended to be like that. Thanks for bringing this up, we're going to look into it.

b] There's of course the option of simply setting a bookmark for the entire forum or the SPECTRE subforum. But you're right, there used to be a link at the top, which was much more comfortable. Was canged in the last main page relaunch. Already on the agende to be changed back with the next relaunch (currently in the works).

Reply to this topic