2 replies to this topic

#1 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

I was watching Skyfall the other day and thought of the various shots that didn’t make the final edit – Bond jogging in Greenwich Park, the top down shot of the Land Rover zooming through the Istanbul side street – but more specifically the alternate version of the scene where Bond returns to London and speaks with M in her house.

And it got me thinking. I understand that the producers have an aversion to including alternative and deleted scenes on DVDs. In a way it takes away some of the purity of the finished product, and we all know how much the franchise means to people and I kinda agree these sorts of things shouldn’t be on the DVDs.

However.

What about an exhibition? ‘The Alternative Bond’, for all those things we haven’t seen, for all those things that were changed. What a fascinating insight it would be to see videos of interviews about WHY that scene with Bond and M was re-shot, WHY they chose to remove the scene with Mr White at the end of QoS. There could be pre-production notes and emails as all involved discussed the virtues of doing something one way or the other, side by side video comparisons, etc. etc.

I doubt it’ll ever happen but it struck me as maybe a way of allowing fans into that world without taking away anything from the options that the producers ultimately went with in the finished films.

#2 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Just put it on the dvd's/blu rays.

Takes the purity of the finished product? Come on, these Bonds are just movies to entertain us, It's not "higher art", or something.

Edited by Grard Bond, 06 April 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#3 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

I agree Grard but I think it might be the reason why the producers don't disclose this kind of material, but with an exhibition that would be a less permanent way of sharing the information rather than DVDs which would mean every file would be available on the net for ever more.