Quantum of Solace - Brosnan's best?

6 replies to this topic

#1 TheBestBond

TheBestBond

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

I want to start by saying I'm a HUGE Daniel Craig fan. He's my #1. I love all the James Bond movies. Goldfinger is my #1, and GoldenEye is probably #2. 

GoldenEye is the first one I saw and it's just so good.

But what if QoS was Brosnan's 2nd or 4th? (I like TWINE excuse me. DAD has its moments but I wish this was made instead of DAD)

Imagine all that S*** that QoS is but with Brosnan. I'm NOT a QoS fan. It's alright compared to some BS in the theaters but it's not a top Bond film. But I'm watching it tonight after seeing the Spectre trailer, trying to soak in some lose ends, and I can't help but think, 

If this was made instead of TOMORROW NEVER DIES, exactly the same, but with Pierce Brosnan, wouldn't this be a top 10 Bond film? Watch it and think about it.

AS the film goes on, I expect more from Craig (DC).

Watching this, the whole BS touch screen scene is a big "COME ON! WTF were you THINKING?" scene. But With Pierce (PB) I feel like I would accept it. I love the scene in TOMORROW NEVER DIES when he's chilling with Wei Lin and there's a wall full of pistols in front of them because they tapped some keys on a PC. In DC's era I would never accept that. This just seems like a GREAT movie for PB or even Timothy Dalton.

It's just not up to par with the DC era. 

And the apartment fight? Even without Vesper. That fight, he's just waiting for the guy to bleed out. If this was Pierce this would have been revered as some FRWL S***. 

Not saying I don't like DC, he's my #1 Bond. Not saying I hate PB, he's my first Bond and he's SO good. 

Just having fun and wondering, man, if this movie was made instead of TOMORROW NEVER DIES (I like this movie too! Not bad at all!) wouldn't this have established PB in Bond legend? 

It's just so JAMES BOND. That's why I love this series. DC in a jacket and bloody asking for a key, while PB or Roger Moore could be down there totally fresh, talking to the front desk afterward, damn. 

To me, these are the little things that make a Bond film GREAT, not good. 

Bond is the coolest moth****** ever. 

"Get in!"

"What?"

"Get in!"

"Alright."

WRITTEN for Pierce Brosnan. And instead they gave him a hotel made of ice. What a waste. 

"A friend of yours?"

"I don't have any friends."

What do you guys think? 

Edited by TheBestBond, 28 March 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#2 TheBestBond

TheBestBond

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

Edited by TheBestBond, 28 March 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#3 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

:mellow:

#4 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

To answer your question..............................

No.

#5 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

To quote Noel Coward when Ian Fleming asked him to play Dr. No:

No! No! No!

#6 AgentPB

AgentPB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

I was all ready to say that this might be one of the silliest propositions I've ever heard, as it would be a completely different film. However, then I imagined Brosnan in the boat chase instead of Craig, straightening his tie much like he did during the tank scene in GE, had myself a good chuckle.

Edited by AgentPB, 28 March 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#7 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

"Get in!"

"What?"

"Get in!"

"Alright."

WRITTEN for Pierce Brosnan. And instead they gave him a hotel made of ice. What a waste. 

"A friend of yours?"

"I don't have any friends."

And these are great lines?

The mind boggles.