2 replies to this topic

#1 DavidJones

DavidJones

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

I know this isn't strictly Bond-related, but I've been intrigued about this unmade Roger film.

From 2001: "According to The World Entertainment News Network, ex-James Bond Roger Moore may reunite with his 007 director John Glen for an action caper entitled Skinning the Cat. Apparently taking a cue from his Bond predecessor Sean Connery's recent Entrapment, Moore would play a master cat burglar in Cat. So what's the catch? Moore's anti-hero has "mended his ways and starts returning the goods he's stolen. Along the way he meets a youngster and begins training him up as his apprentice. But of course along the way (Moore) manages to straighten him out." This sounds something like that Burt Reynolds' vehicle Breaking In. Apparently, John Glen has been busy coaxing his old star to return to the big screen. "Of course I wouldn't expect Roger to be leaping from roof to roof, but he's still in good shape and I'm sure he'd be up to a reasonably action-based film," Glen advised WENN. Glen has directed the Moore/Bond films For Your Eyes Only, A View to a Kill, and (let's all say this together now) Octopussy. Before directing the Bond series, Glen worked as an editor on them. He also edited Moore's non-Bond adventure flick The Wild Geese. Roger Moore's most recent big-screen ventures include Spice World and the Jean-Claude Van Damme "opus" The Quest."

Roger Moore, at the age of 75, in an adventure thriller. It sounded pretty good too, almost as though he were returning to his Saintly roots. It reminds me a little of Entrapment.

So what happened to this? Does anyone else think this could have been good?

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

The answer to the second question probably determined the answer to the first question.

#3 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

Before I read the first post I thought, Skinning The Cat? Now there's an unlikely title to a Bond film. Unless of course it was to be a filmed version of the book YOLT featuring the demise of Blofeld once and for all...