WANTED FACTORY ENTERTAINMENT GOLDEN GUN

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hocky

Hocky

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

been looking for a factory entertainment golden gun for quite a while now.

please help

#2 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

They're going to be harder to find now that they're out of stock everywhere.

I remember they were still available on places like Amazon for under $500 about a year or two ago, but the only one I found upon a quick search is on eBay for $2600. *low whistle*

That's RIDICULOUS!

#3 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

Reminds me a bit of the absurd situation with the TLD DVD in the early 2000s. People spent ridiculous amounts of money for it, as they thought it would become a rare item. This old CBn article tells the whole story: http://commanderbond...lights-dvd.html , and while it says auctions went up to $150 for it, I believe I saw at least one that crossed the $200 mark.

An item is always worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally, I'd know two dozen things to buy for $2600 before I'd even start thinking about a Golden Gun replica...

#4 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

Reminds me a bit of the absurd situation with the TLD DVD in the early 2000s. People spent ridiculous amounts of money for it, as they thought it would become a rare item. This old CBn article tells the whole story: http://commanderbond...lights-dvd.html , and while it says auctions went up to $150 for it, I believe I saw at least one that crossed the $200 mark.

An item is always worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally, I'd know two dozen things to buy for $2600 before I'd even start thinking about a Golden Gun replica...

I was a fool and bought OHMSS for $60 on DVD when it was out of print about a year or so after the initial "Special Edition" DVD was released in 2000.

The worst part is that I had to buy it twice because the first copy I got was an obvious bootleg with a blue DVD case and mismatched menus... I've held on to it (even though I have since gotten rid of the official DVD after upgrading to Blu-ray), but I don't know why! It's probably because I wouldn't be able to sell it and feel like a good person...

Edited by larrythefatcat, 07 February 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#5 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

The same with me with the Never say never again region1 blu ray. Something like 60 euro I paid for it and half a year later it was released everywhere in Europe, incl The Netherlands, for approximately 10 euro.

The Golden Gun replica from Factory Entertainment I bought two years ago for (I think) 800 euro, which ofcourse is rediculous.

Edited by Grard Bond, 08 February 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#6 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

The same with me with the Never say never again region1 blu ray. Something like 60 euro I paid for it and half a year later it was released everywhere in Europe, incl The Netherlands, for approximately 10 euro.

The Golden Gun replica from Factory Entertainment I bought two years ago for (I think) 800 euro, which ofcourse is rediculous.

I actually sold my NSNA Blu-ray (Region A) because it's been out of print for a while and people keep paying lots of money for it... and it's not my favorite Bond film (by far) so I sold it in hope that it'll get re-released someday in the future.

If I really want to own it again, I guess there's a Region Free European Blu-ray that goes for pretty cheap!

As for the Golden Gun: I can't find it anywhere for lower than that eBay auction. YUCK!

#7 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

The one on Ebay is actualy not from Factory Entertainment, but from the even more expensive SD Studios.

Funny and strange thing is: last week that Dutch guy tried to sell it with a starting price of 1000 euro and nobody responded. This week he tries again and right now he even asks 1400 euro. That's logical?

Edited by Grard Bond, 09 February 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#8 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

The one on Ebay is actualy not from Factory Entertainment, but from the even more expensive SD Studios.

Funny and strange thing is: last week that Dutch guy tried to sell it with a starting price of 1000 euro and nobody responded. This week he tries again and right now he even asks 1400 euro. That's logical?

The listing I see on eBay in America is $2600 for a Factory Entertainment Golden Gun. That's at least what the pictures (including a picture of the outer box and display) and wording in the listing would suggest.

It's mentioned as being part of an "artist's proof" run of 400 which must be separate from the 1000 that were "officially" released.

I've only been able to find the listing for the SD Golden Gun on ebay.nl as it doesn't show up in any other eBay site I've checked! It definitely looks much better... and it's CHEAPER!