This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

TELEVISION: What are you watching? (2015)

45 replies to this topic

#1 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Watched the first two episodes of Galavant tonight. I laughed.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

I believe the 1st ep of the 9th series of Foyle's War just aired on UK TV.

#3 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

I've seen the Dr Evil opening for SNL. Brilliant! Made me laugh out loud when Sam Smith's opening got "pre-empted" and the familiar Dr Evil theme came on. In its own humorous way it pointed out some of the idiocies of the Sony/North Korea business - such as, was it really that clever for the hackers to call themselves the "Guardians Of Peace" or, er , the "GOP"? ;)

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

Been watching Scandal, State of Affairs, How to get away with murder and the Transporter all on demand. Really looking forward to my favorites Ray Donovan, Arrow, Flash, The Blacklist and House of Cards to return. So many good tv shows these days! I never followed TV shows for most of my adult life and now I'm a TV junkie. :blush:

#5 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

I am currently working through Doctor Who and I'm on series 4 with Tennant. A New Years resolution for me is to finish all of the Doctor Who episodes.

#6 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:56 AM

I am currently working through Doctor Who and I'm on series 4 with Tennant. A New Years resolution for me is to finish all of the Doctor Who episodes.

I'd be interested in your take on the post-series 4 specials: mainly The Next Doctor and The End of Time, as a fresh perspective

#7 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Currently:

The West Wing - season 2

Entourage - season 1

24 - season 8

Arrow - season 1

Person of Interest - season 1

Breaking Bad - season 2

#8 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

watched Agent Carter last night. fairly decent.

#9 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Agent Carter. Strong couple of episodes. The period setting is quite nice.

#10 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:03 AM

Archer. Something....something....DANGER ZONE!

#11 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

Broadchurch has had a fine start to its second season (or series?). Looking forward to how this all plays out.

#12 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

James Franco to headline Stephen King's 11/22/63

Not sure about this casting, as I don't see Franco fitting this part at all, but this is still great news to see that someone is finally getting around to doing an adaptation of this masterpiece by Stephen King.  As a nine-hour series, they should be able to do justice to the novel in a way that a film wouldn't.  I do wish that this was HBO picking up the series rather than Hulu, but I'll be interested to see what Hulu does with this.

#13 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

Caught up on some television series I started last year - Kingdom, Silicon Valley, and The Strain. Definitely looking forward to new season of those three, especially The Strain. Currently rewatching Game Of Thrones from the beginning, then I'm making my way to Twin Peaks, Gotham, and Vikings.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the Breaking Bad spin off/prequel, Better Call Saul.

#14 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Got caught up on broadchurch, but am close to giving up. The new season sucks. Luckily, there's only 1 ep left.

#15 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Finished up Archer Vice.  It was by an extremely wide margin, the worst season of Archer.  I liked the concept of Archer and company becoming drug runners, but that was pretty much the only good idea they had, and they failed to execute it.  I will say, the last two episodes were pretty good, but the eleven that came before were crap, full of the most repetitive jokes (we get it, Pam has a coke problem), lackluster comedy, and uninteresting plots.

#16 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

I liked Archer Vice a lot. Especially the fact that they were so bad at selling coke. Although, I will admit season 6 is better.

#17 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

So, X-FILES is back... Cool, I want to believe!

#18 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

As long as it's better than dreadful 2008 film, then all should be well.

Either FOX is desperate for ratings or what, as I possibly can't imagine why they would bring the show back.

#19 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

That and no one has a single original idea anymore....

#20 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

Known brands are easier to sell and bring an audience that can be counted on - that´s the mindset.

But in this case, I´m happy that they will do it.

#21 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Agents of SHIELD has been so, so good lately. Very glad I didn't give up on it in Season One!

#22 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Known brands are easier to sell and bring an audience that can be counted on - that´s the mindset.

I'm looking forward to it as well.  I liked both of the films but haven't gotten around to the actual TV series yet, but plan to do so at some point in the near future.

#23 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

I'm looking forward to it as well.  I liked both of the films but haven't gotten around to the actual TV series yet, but plan to do so at some point in the near future.

I started re-watching Season One myself early this year. Fell off after I got engaged and wedding planning became the new norm for me, but I need to get back on it.

#24 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

I'm hoping to get around to it soon.  It's one of a few series that I've gotten saved to "My List" on Netflix that I simply haven't gotten around to yet.

#25 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

I'm hoping to get around to it soon.  It's one of a few series that I've gotten saved to "My List" on Netflix that I simply haven't gotten around to yet.

One of the all-time best, for sure.

#26 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

One of the all-time best, for sure.

Good to hear.  Figured it would be since the movies were pretty good, especially the first one.  

#27 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

Figured it would be since the movies were pretty good, especially the first one.

Agreed on the first film. I Want to Believe was ok for what it was (a thank you to the fans) but the original worked itself into the series narrative - it takes place between seasons 5 and 6.

#28 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

8 more days.....

#29 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:41 AM

Finished up Archer Vice. It was by an extremely wide margin, the worst season of Archer. I liked the concept of Archer and company becoming drug runners, but that was pretty much the only good idea they had, and they failed to execute it. I will say, the last two episodes were pretty good, but the eleven that came before were crap, full of the most repetitive jokes (we get it, Pam has a coke problem), lackluster comedy, and uninteresting plots.

Amazingly, this most recent season is arguably it's best, and a very strong rebound from last season.

Agents of SHIELD has been outstanding. Last episode was arguably in the top 3 for the series as a whole. The fight choreography is some of the best I've ever seen on TV. Hope they can keep up the quality and increase the viewership, as I'd really hate to see this one get cancelled.

#30 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Finished up Archer Vice. It was by an extremely wide margin, the worst season of Archer. I liked the concept of Archer and company becoming drug runners, but that was pretty much the only good idea they had, and they failed to execute it. I will say, the last two episodes were pretty good, but the eleven that came before were crap, full of the most repetitive jokes (we get it, Pam has a coke problem), lackluster comedy, and uninteresting plots.

Amazingly, this most recent season is arguably it's best, and a very strong rebound from last season.

That's good to hear. They really could have done just about anything with Season 6 and had it turn out to be better than Archer Vice.

Still, it did look like they were setting things up for a more interesting run towards the end of Vice.