Female roles in 'Bond 25' & Beyond

20 replies to this topic

#1 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Following more news for 'Bond 24', my attention has turned to the Bond girls of the future. 

What kind of Bond girls/ women would you like to see in future of additions of the Bond series? Also, what actresses would you like to see take on the infamous role of a Bond girl? 

#2 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

I am not going to lie, I like when women in the Bond movies do absolutely nothing and are there for eye candy..

I just think that's always been a characteristic of the Bond franchise and I don't mind it really.

#3 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

We've had one in the Sebastian Faulks novel Devil May Care, and further back in one of the Daily Express cartoon strips of the 1960s and 70s. And for a while I bet we thought we had one in Skyfall until her true identity was revealed at the very end.

I'd like to see a female Double-0 agent working with Bond in a future film.

#4 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

I agree. Scarlett in Devil May Care, and one or two in the Daily Express strips if I recall... I think the time is right for a female 00 to grace the screen as well, Guy.

#5 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Actress Lea Sedoux rumoured to be leading lady for Bond 24....... and rumoured to be playing a female Double-0 agent? It comes from the Daily Mail's showbiz correspondent Baz Bamigboye who, as tabloid journalists go, has a pretty good track record at getting it right.

We shall see.

#6 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

One of my favorite bond girls was Natalya in GE. I really liked how she was neither a fellow agent nor a "damsel in distress", but simply an innocent bystander that got swept into the action during the assault on Severnaya. Of course her programming knowledge made her a vaulable ally for Bond in the end. I'd like to see more smart, strong and capable women who are connnected to the plot primarily by happenstance.

#7 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

That's a good point, dtuba. The only other Bond girl I can think of at the moment that fits that description is Honey - she just happened to be at Crab Key looking for shells that day.

#8 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm waiting for the day Andrea Riseborough steps into the role of a Bond girl. 

#9 RedsBaron

RedsBaron

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:33 AM

I too liked Natalya in Goldeneye. Her character wasn't a lame attempt to be a female James Bond. She brought her own talents and abilities which helped Bond succeed in his mission.

#10 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

One of my favorite bond girls was Natalya in GE. I really liked how she was neither a fellow agent nor a "damsel in distress", but simply an innocent bystander that got swept into the action during the assault on Severnaya. Of course her programming knowledge made her a vaulable ally for Bond in the end. I'd like to see more smart, strong and capable women who are connnected to the plot primarily by happenstance.

That's actually a good point! I would like to see this also! Women who are smart but aren't really "agents" either.

#11 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

That's actually a good point! I would like to see this also! Women who are smart but aren't really "agents" either.

I'd like to see more of those types of Bond girls as well, although I don't mind having one as a fellow agent when they do it well (i.e. Pam, Vesper, and Camille).

#12 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Those kinds of strong Bond women are a delight when done correctly, as tdalton said.

I think it's high time for a woman to be the big bad myself.

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Definitely agreed.  It would be great to have a female villain, especially since they didn't do a particularly good job developing the last one we had.

#14 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Definitely agreed.  It would be great to have a female villain, especially since they didn't do a particularly good job developing the last one we had.

I agree that we should have a female villain, though I actually think that Elektra was one of (maybe the only) bright spots of The World Is Not Enough. It was an interesting twist that the damsel in distress turned out to be the one pulling the strings. On top of that, her death is one of the series' best, as we see just how difficult it is for Bond to finish her.

#15 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:55 AM

I think it would have been an interesting twist if it weren't so predictable.  I wouldn't agree that Elektra was a bright spot of The World is Not Enough.  It was a poorly developed character that could and should have been much more interesting than the finished product.

#16 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

YES! We need a villain that is a woman! Seriously I feel like it's been forever since that happened. Except in Die Another Day.. but that was kind of lame..

#17 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

I'm waiting for Talulah Riley to appear in a Bond film. 

talulah-riley-esquire-6.jpg?w=500&h=750

#18 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'd really like to see a female agent involved, but I'd prefer her to be more like Anya from TSWLM than Jinx from DAD.

#19 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'd really like to see a female agent involved, but I'd prefer her to be more like Anya from TSWLM than Jinx from DAD.

Ugh, Jinx, you had to bring that up. I'm still holding out for the female main villain. Although I think we will be waiting until at least Bond 25 for that and possibly longer.

#20 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Kate Upton or Katy Perry.

:blink:

#21 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Svetlana Khodchenkova?

the-wolverine-Svetlana-Khodchenkova-vipethe-wolverine-Svetlana-Khodchenkova-vipethe-wolverine-Svetlana-Khodchenkova-vipe

Edited by AdaShelby, 15 January 2015 - 05:05 AM.