Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

Sounds as pointless as Halloween II.

Exactly!

I loved Halloween II, as I felt that it was still part of the original movie. Taking place immediately after Part I and having the entire thing take place in a hospital was genius. The second Halloween II... god-awful.

I guess there will now be 3 different direct sequels to Halloween II: Halloween IV (pointless, but fun), Halloween H20 (great), and this new one...

#212 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

I choose to think that Carpenter´s original is a stand-alone film.  Everything else is just a rehash - even the Carpenter produced sequel which he himself said he did only for the money.

#213 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

I'll be there whenever Halloween Returns is released.  Myers is, for my money, the best of the slashers and, as much as I like both of Zombie's films (Halloween II is one of the most underrated horror films), it'll be good to see them, hopefully, return to a more traditional Halloween slasher film.  The sequel seems to be in good hands, with Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstant writing the screenplay.  They were responsible for the back half of the Saw franchise, of which just about all of them (the awful Saw VI excluded) being much better than films with IV, V, and VII in the title have any right to be.  Even their idea for Saw VI was a pretty good one, but it was woefully executed by director Kevin Greutert.

#214 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

I'll be there whenever Halloween Returns is released.

As will I. The best horror franchise and character, period.

#215 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

Jurassic World took in an absurd $511.8 million worldwide in its opening weekend. Better get ready for Jurassic World 2 (or Jurassic Park 5?)

#216 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

I choose to think that Carpenter´s original is a stand-alone film.  Everything else is just a rehash - even the Carpenter produced sequel which he himself said he did only for the money.

Exactly. I do like Halloween II, but the original is best viewed when looked at as a stand-alone film. The sequels (not including Season Of The Witch) sort of kill the lore of the Boogeyman that is Michael Myers - turning him into another slasher film serial killer alongside Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface instead of the unstoppable shape of horror that Carpenter & Hill originally conceived. However, while the sequels aren't nearly as great as Carpenter's film, I do still enjoy watching them and Myers is my favorite cinema serial killer.

Having said that, I'm glad they (The Weinstein Company) aren't trying to pursue a sequel to Rob Zombie's films anymore. Those two films (regardless of how they are) are his story, they are done. Let's do something new. The brief synopsis for Halloween Returns sounds interesting and heading back to the original timeline could either turn out to be good or awful like Texas Chainsaw 3D. I'll see it for my love of Michael Myers, and I do like Marcus Dunstan & Patrick Melton and I'm curious to see where they take the franchise and story.

#217 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

Furious 7 has passed The Avengers to become the third highest grossing film of all time. Avengers: Age of Ultron sits at fifth, while Jurassic World is about to cross the $1 billion mark. Speaking of Avengers: Age of Ultron, how can people seem to think that Marvel is beginning to run out of steam simply because AoU didn't gross out gross the first film? It's the fifth highest grossing film ever! Marvel is doing just fine.

#218 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:54 AM

New Ghostbusters uniforms unveiled:

ghostbusters-uniform-feig.jpg

#219 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

Trailer for the Rocky sequel CREED

My interest has definitely spiked. I thought this sounded like a bad idea. Very impressed with this preview, though. It has some good energy to it.

#220 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

Energy, yes, and an updated street-credibility.

Still, what can it be except another Rocky-story with an utterly predictable plot?  And although I consider Michael B. Jordon a fantastic actor he lays it on pretty thick with the cliched "I´m angry and taking no S*** from no one"-attitude.

#221 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

I had been somewhat curious about this one, but this really looks atrocious.  It's like they had an idea for a terrible boxing movie and then decided that the only way anyone would come to see it was to attach it to the Rocky franchise and cash in on what Stallone has built.

#222 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

I, for one, will be there opening night. Rocky has always been a favorite of mine and to see the franchise push Balboa to the side a little and focus on a new character is going to be a refreshing and exciting change of pace.

#223 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

I, for one, will be there opening night. Rocky has always been a favorite of mine and to see the franchise push Balboa to the side a little and focus on a new character is going to be a refreshing and exciting change of pace.

Absolutely this. There's not much else to cover with the character of Rocky Balboa, so to see him adopt the role of trainer, for his former rivalry and friend's child is actually something I look forward to. The trailer definitely made it seem that it's Creed's film, and not Rocky's - making Rocky more supporting which is good for me, because as you said, it pushes him to side and focuses on Creed. I think it'll be fantastic.

#224 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams join Ghostbusters

Garcia will play the Mayor of New York City

They've also released photos of what the new proton packs will look like for the reboot:

CJJyyitWIAA11AK.jpg

CJFFXAhUcAEZrZD.jpg

ghostbusters-proton-pack.jpg