91 replies to this topic

#1 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson have had a meeting with the president of the Roma Lazio Film Commission and filming permission is being sort from various authorities, it seems. 

Forgive the translation...

EDIT: There might be what some would call a small spoiler in the text. 

Luciano Sovena, president of Roma Lazio Film Commission, said: 

"I met with the producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson and we discussed the project. One of the highlight scenes, among the most spectacular in the movie, will be a car chase in Via Quattro Fontane. They point us much, I'm already excited. I hope that streamlines common procedures for granting permits. It would be a shame to miss this great opportunity because of the bureaucracy. "And he added:" Hosting the epic film 007 is part of the strategy of Roma Lazio Film Commission that it intends to attract large foreign productions in the region, tearing studios in Europe and encourage Italian independents. "

http://translate.goo...cHz5fo6IiCSYFXQ

#2 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

That's an interesting piece of news. Thanks Shrublands.

#3 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

It does remind me of the first word that came through from Istanbul, during Skyfall's pre-production. But a bit like the stuff from india too, as complicated permission needed to be obtained. 

#4 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

I hope its true. It would be nice to see Rome in a Bond film for the first time.

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Yes, my first thought was also how similar this sounded to the early stories about the efforts being made to shoot Skyfall in India. Does anyone know much about this particular part of Rome?

#6 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Via Quattro Fontane - There is a crossroads with an ornamental, late Renaissance fountain at each corner there. You can see 3 of the 4 in this photo.

Piazza_Quattro_Fontane_270deg_Pano.jpg

#7 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

I wonder if it will be a night chase, then. I bet those 4 fountains look rather lovely when illuminated. Also I wonder whether this chase will involve the new Aston we've been promised. Thanks for the info.

#8 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

We now seem to have establish that the Bond team of Gary Powell, Alexander Witt and Callum McDougall all recently flew to Rome on a private jet. I'd say things are moving forward with this. 

#9 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

While it's always good to see Bond in places he's not been before, I was hoping to avoid Italy for at least one more film in the Craig era.  Seems to be a favorite destination for the Bond franchise as of late.

#10 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Indeed, it is very beautiful in Italy, but we've been there quite a bit as of late. Oh well, it's still fine by me.

#11 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ahh!! These are the news tidbits that I've been eagerly awaiting! And I don't really mind that we'll be back in Italy for Bond 24.. I suspect it's only one of a few foreign locations..

#12 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

I hope its more than just for the PTS. I liked the PTS from SF in Istanbul, but unless you knew beforehand, one could not determine where he was.

#13 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I expect Robe will not be part of the PTS but one of the major location in the film which involve some car chase 

#14 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

According to the "MI6" Bond website, Gary Powell has hinted at Rome, Morocco and Austria as locations.  Of course, if filming takes place in the two countries quoted it doesn't mean that the scenes shot are set there - they could be doubling for somewhere else.

Given the recent article about how SF almost filmed in India, and the Indian politician's rather odd demands in return, I'd treat these early reports about Bond 24 locations with caution.

#15 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

They could even be locations for one particular sequence, and whatever place offers the smoothest permissions is the place they'll film that chase.

#16 Berni99

Berni99

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

OMG, Austria would be fantastic (my home country), maybe Salzburg? Probably for a ski chase

#17 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

A beautiful city to film a new bond movie. I really hope they do some scenes there,  and btw Austria and Morocco sounds promising also.

I hope this one has a ski chase, I'd love to see Craig in a snowy environment.

#18 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

When I read Austria - the hope for a riveting, hang-on-for-your-life mountain climbing sequence (that brings back haunting memories of his parents) just screams off the page. One can only hope.

#19 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

I have always preferred Bond in a European setting - for me, he, or the films, work best there.

Interesting.  Or at least, welcomed.

#20 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

All these locations promise something sunny and bright - a welcome contrast to the darkness of SKYFALL.

#21 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Rome would be a beautiful place for a Bond movie to shoot!

#22 Bourbon Woman

Bourbon Woman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Generally I'd like to see less Italy in Bond films, but Rome could be interesting. Maybe a connection with the Vatican?

#23 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

I can't imagine that there will be a Vatican connection.  EON generally doesn't like to get overly political like that, and I can't see the Vatican being all that welcoming towards Bond either.

#24 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

Very nice stuff. Feels like we're definitely starting to move forward. An added bonus for me is that Rome is one of my favourite cities, so it's about time Bond paid a visit.

#25 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

"In this piznizz is much risico..."

#26 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Even if the rumours of possible locations for shooting are proved correct, it doesn't of course mean the story settings will be Austria or Morocco (Rome is Rome on the other hand - hard to see it doubling for anywhere else!)

Morocco could easily double for places in North Africa, the Middle East or near Asia, while the Austrian alps could be used as a location, but the setting could be, well, anywhere European or Russian with snow and mountains. The use of both those countries for shooting in TLD springs to mind.

Still, it's late July 2014 - the film isn't due out until autumn next year. We might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves!

#27 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Alright, another one word title!

#28 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hi guys.

It's been a while. I was a regular poster during the Skyfall period...but shied away during the "Bond wilderness" after the latest films, since nothing much goes on for a while after that. Good to see the old faces still kicking about here; Vauxhall, Gildrose, Guy Haines, Tdalton, Iceskatergirl! 

So Rome eh? Would love to see Bond 24 shoot there. We've seen Venice a couple of times, Rome would definitely be welcome! Lovely city. 

#29 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Alright, another one word title!

I like one-word titles for a Bond actor's 4th film.  Still prefer "Shatterhand" to "Risico" if for no other reason than it's pronounceable and, like other one-word titles, not a real word but rather a fantastical-sounding one.

Dave

#30 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

I have no problem in pronouncing "Risico".

Edited by Walecs, 06 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.