10 replies to this topic

#1 zantle97

zantle97

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

So guys, would you like to see Bond's BFF get his own staring role? XD

Jeffery Wright obviously for Lieter, but who else would you like to see?

What would you like it to be about?

And if this was a thing (in my dreams *sobs*), Brain DePalma to direct??? :D

Anyways, TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D:D:D:D

#2 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Can't see it happening...There have been enough films about CIA agents over the years to make this one largely redundant.

Even if it did, it would be little more than an "American James Bond"

But if it did, then why assume it would be Jeffrey Wright? For my money Jon Hamm would be perfect

#3 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

This has been a topic before and the answer is Felix is a mostly good and sometimes lacking sidekick for Bond. He's not designed to carry a film or even a TV series.

Perhaps the most appropriate way to describe Leiter is best in small doses.

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

Agreed with Turn.

Outside Bond fandom, the character of Felix Leiter doesn't have enough resonance to warrant or sustain a standalone movie.

#5 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

Lieter??? Leiter!!!

Sorry, but can one a mod fix the thread title? Thanks!

#6 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

Honestly I'm not sure how a film would be but you know what would be nice a TV series on Leiter something that would give more backstory. But I just see how it would succeed. I don't think their is much that they can do with it. Honestly Bond should just stay as films if they do something different it might mess up his name and people are going to start bashing the film series.

#7 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

Can't see it working. Felix Leiter has been played by too many actors, has appeared in slightly less than half the Bond films, with not that much screen time per film (The character was criminally underused in CR & QoS, when you think of the calibre of actor playing him.)

Regarding Jon Hamm - he'd make a great Felix Leiter, especially in a 1950's/1960's retro Bond film - maybe my image of him as Leiter is biased by thinking of him in "Mad Men". Then again, if he does a British accent well....... ;)

#8 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I would rather see a Moneypenny TV serie : a civil servant secretary with a dull life fantasizing on a sexy secret agent. Something between Bridget Jones and Ally McBeal. Leiter could be in as the american drag trying to seduce her

#9 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Then you'll want "The Moneypenny Diaries" adapted for cinema or TV. As a female view of the world of Bond, they're not at all bad, certainly much better than Ian Fleming's novel "The Spy Who Loved Me" imho.

#10 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yeah there is no way he could stand alone.. there isn't enough character development for him. He is much better as Bond's ally and sidekick. 

#11 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yeah there is no way he could stand alone.. there isn't enough character development for him. He is much better as Bond's ally and sidekick.

That's really all there is to the character. Without Bond, he isn't particularly interesting. Certainly not enough so to warrant his own film or TV series.