Actresses who would have been great Bond girls

15 replies to this topic

#1 zantle97

zantle97

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

I know this is probs misplaced, but who do you guys think would have made good Bond girls?

Barbara Hershey

Glenn Close

Jodie Foster

Sharon Stone

And yes, I know they're all American, but oh well xD

#2 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Barbara Hersey yes! (still looking cool and sexy in Once upon a Time..)

Sharon Stone yes! Could have been great.

Both still could be exellent as a main villian.

But....Glenn Close and Jodie Foster....??? Maybe Close as main villian, but Foster I don't see it.

#3 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

I'd like to add two more who not only would have, but I think nearly were. Raquel Welch and Faye Dunaway. I think the former was under consideration for one of the Connery Bonds - possibly Thunderball - and the latter was mentioned at one point in connection with Octopussy.

As for Glenn Close - yes I can see her as a Bond villainess, probably as the main villain. And Sharon Stone? There was a red top tabloid "report" in 1998 that said she would be the villain in TWINE, playing a vengeful former lover of Bond's from way back - and that Ewan McGregor would be playing her sidekick, who would turn out to be Bond's son! I kid you not!

#4 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

Julie Christie, she certainly had that clamour a Bond girl requires.

#5 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Fay Dunaway would have been a great Bondgirl in the last Moore Bondfilm A view to a kill. I Always thought that she would have been a so much better choice than Tanya Roberts. The movie would have been so much better if Roger had a Bondgirl who was a little more of his own age (and of course a better actress!).

For Octopussy Adams was perfect though.

Edited by Grard Bond, 13 May 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#6 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

I don't know if she would have been a very good Bond girl, but since we had Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg and Joanna Lumley, they might have cast Linda Thorson as one to complete the cycle of Avengers actresses in Bond films.

#7 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Joanne Whalley. She would have been perfect as a vengeful Melina in FYEO and has that slightly aloof, hard-to read quality about her that would have made her a great Vesper Lynd.

#8 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

Joanne Whalley. She would have been perfect as a vengeful Melina in FYEO and has that slightly aloof, hard-to read quality about her that would have made her a great Vesper Lynd.

Is that that the daughter from Edge of Darkness?

#9 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Never heard of any of these women but If I had a suggestion for Bond female casting I would like women who are not so famous rather than a big time one. When it's a big time actress it's easier for people to judge them now if you get someone no one knows but is good there is nothing to bash about.

#10 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Yes. She was also in Willow and Scandal. 

And was in Scarlett with Timothy Dalton

#11 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

I also can't see Jodie Foster or Sharon Stone.. 

#12 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

If you mean the 1985 TV version starring Bob Peck and Joe Don Baker, yes she is.

Sharon Stone as a villainess, yes I could. (Please refer to that rather daft tabloid report from the late 1990s I mentioned earlier concerning TWINE). Jodie Foster - well, didn't she play some sort of bad politician type in the science fiction film Elysium? Even actors with a track record of playing one type of character can sometimes play against type. A Bond villain now, perhaps.  But it's still hard to imagine her as an actual "Bond girl" then.

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Like Guy Haines said above, I could see Sharon Stone in a Bond film, albeit as the villain.  I would agree that I couldn't see her or Jodie Foster as Bond girls, though. 

One that I'd add to the list would have been to have Jennifer Garner as a Bond girl at some point during the Brosnan Era. 

#14 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

If you mean the 1985 TV version starring Bob Peck and Joe Don Baker, yes she is.

Yes that's the one. Fantastic series, some of the environmental themes are a bit dated but still fantastic.
I think should could have made a pretty decent Bond girl.

#15 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Catherine Zeta Jones

Raquel Welch

Cameron Diaz

Dyan Cannon

Kim Cattrall

Jessica Lange

#16 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

I could see all of the above as potential Bond women - goodies or baddies. And I recall one red top tabloid report - and I'm not making this up, unlike the hack who wrote it, no doubt! - which claimed that Ms. Zeta Jones was going to be the next James Bond. Yes, some newspaper reporter claimed that the producers were going to change Bond's sex and call 007 "Jane Bond", or something similar.

(From the same newspaper, I think, that brought you Robbie Williams as 007, Ewan McGregor as Bond's long lost son, and Anthony Hopkins and/or Kevin Spacey as Bond's next opponent! ;) Either one of the last two though I wouldn't have minded as a villain.)