Filming Accidents.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

I just wanted to put up article about the accidents that happened during Bond filming I'm sure most people already know that during the filming of QOS Daniel was injured during the filming where he had cut part of his finger, I remember also hearing news that during the Connery years or Brosnan years I believe some stuntman had his leg cut off during a scene. Also does anyone know how Craig got his collarbone broken when he was making QOS I'm not sure if it was quantum of solace but I remember seeing him with a arm cast. On top of that I heard there was a car crash during a bridge scene this is just most of what I can remember. Does anyone else know of any other accident's that happened during filming?

#2 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Yes, Quantum had a couple- they lost an Aston into the lake at one point.

#3 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

That was cameraman John Jordan who lost a leg, when two helicopters in YOLT collided, one of which he was riding in.  If Wikipedia has it right, he was later killed during aerial photography for the film Catch-22.

I know a stuntman was killed filming a bobsledding scene for FYEO.  Also Brosnan got a nasty gash on his upper lip doing a fight scene for TND and still bears the scar.

Stunt director and Roger Moore stunt double Martin Grace was seriously injured filming the train sequences for Octopussy.  Had his hip pretty much crushed from what I remember, and only through some kind of superhuman effort of strength and will did he keep from falling off the train to his probable death.

#4 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

Moore claims he got injured shooting the LALD boat chase.

Let's not forget that awful injury he sustained during AVTAK when Grace Jones surprised him with that, er, um extension. I bet RM did the Tarzan yell there too!

#5 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Yes that's right. I also heard during the filming of Die Another Day Halle had some grenade fragments hit her face. Also Pierce saved Halle from chocking on a grape by Heimlich maneuver. Lots of people say acting is a piece of cake but after seeing this I won't be surprised to say it's very dangerous.

#6 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

I though I remember hearing on the DAD audio commentary that Brosnan injured his knee in the hoover craft sequence while running from one craft to another or something.

#7 The*SPY*

The*SPY*

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

Connery hurt his back in the fight scene with OddJob at Fort Knox.

And while not a Bond movie, there was a serious accident in The CAnnonball Run, when the Aston Martin ran head on with another car and seriously injuring the stunt doubles for Roger Moore and his lady friend.

Oh and somewhere after 1970 George Lazenby suffered a bruised ego.

#8 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Here are some more I was able to find.

Thunderball while filming the scene where SPECTRE agent Angelo crashes the Avro Vulcan into the ocean near the Bahamas, the stunt double for Angelo nearly drowned when the stunt double for Emilio Largo accidentally disconnected both the prop oxygen line and the double's actual oxygen line underneath.

Goldfinger Oddjob got his hand electrocuted but continued to act as the scene was still being filmed.

For Your Eyes Only during the high speed chase in the bobsleigh run the four-man bobsled came out of the run at the wrong place and hit a tree. One of its occupants, a young stuntman named Paolo Rigon was killed, Also the scene where Bond and Melina are dragged across the ocean the stunt doubles suffered cuts and lacerations on their back from the coral reefs in the Bahamas.

I also remember hearing Sean Connery saved a women from a helicopter hitting her.

Sounds like Bond films have history of accidents.

#9 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thunderball. The stuntman who is pulled through the window by Connery during the sequence at Shrublands had some fake glass in his eye

OHMSS- Lazenby broke Yuri Brorienko's nose during his screen test

FRWL- Terence Young's helicopter ditched into the water whilst filming in Scotland

LTK- David Hedison hit the ground a little too hard , when "parachuting" to the church during the PTS and damaged his knee

CR- Craig had a cap knocked off one of his teeth during a fight sequence

TSWLM- A mistimed explosive charge in the scene where Stromberg fires his under-the-table gun at Bond's chair..Moore claims that he now has three holes where other men  have one...