#1 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

http://uk.movies.yah...-123235738.html

It's worth a laugh. A good attempt, but it's conjecture. Although to be honest it could give credit to the infamous codename theory if it was thought out more correctly.

#2 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

The Rock was written & produced by people with no connection to EON.

Any references they make to Bond are their own doing.

There's only a connection if you want there to be.

And M was not Silva's mother.

#3 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

I like that one. It came to my mind when I saw it. Why not ? It makes the film even funnier

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

The Rock is a good actioner, and features a complex "villain" in Ed Harris as General Hummel. So far as Sean Connery is concerned, however, sorry but his character wasn't James Bond in a very ragged disguise. Anyone who might think otherwise is reading too much into it, imho.

Biggest laugh of the movie, when I saw it? One of the mercenaries working for Hummel, whilst clobbering Connery's John Mason, says that as a good Irish-American he hated "you English" (Actually, he was a bit more impolite than that, but this is a family website, here!). I doubt it was intended to raise a laugh, but the English audience I watched it with couldn't help but chuckle given Sir Sean Connery's ancestry and political views. :)