This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Second Bondgirl in The Living Daylights?

3 replies to this topic

#1 cedrics007

cedrics007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Back in 1986 I believe the press reported not only Maryam d'Abo would be one of the Bond ladies in TLD, but also another actress. In the end, I believe her scenes ended on the cutting room floor. As far as my memory serves me, her name was Kim Something, she had dark hair, exotic looks and was a model. Does anyone have more information?

#2 cedrics007

cedrics007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Just found the answer: Kim Andrea. Her scenes ended on the cutting room floor: http://abaton-kino-h...es-bond-lexikon

Edited by cedrics007, 23 March 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#3 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I've a copy of the much longer original draft script. No sign of a second Bond girl.

#4 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

I'm going to side with gildrose on this one.

I found the page of the book (via Google Books) where she's mentioned and this is the entirety of the information that's provided (in English via quick and dirty online translation):

"Andrea, Kim

The Austrian model turned a few scenes for the film "The Living Daylights", but did not make it into the final film, as they were in the editing room."

I guess it would be strange if she was given more than just a cursory mention at the original press conference because if she was just in a few cut scenes I don't think that necessarily means she was going to be a "Bond GIrl." Considering there's no such character in any of the known drafts of the script, it seems likely to me that she wasn't much more than an "eye candy" extra.

Edited by larrythefatcat, 24 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.