2 replies to this topic

#1 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

I am looking for radio spots from several of the James Bond films. Let me know if you can help..

Thunderball

A View To A Kill

The Living Daylights

License To Kill

All of the Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig films.

If anyone has a good resource for the radio spots, I would appreciate this as well. Example: How many spots were created for each film, etc.

Thanks!

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Thunderball radio spots are on the SE/UE DVD and Blu-ray copies of the film.

I'm not sure about spots from AVTAK onward. Radio was huge for advertising films in previous years, but not so much from the '80s up til now. I don't recall hearing any ads for movies these days on radio.

It would be cool to have a list of the radio spots, breaking them down, etc. I don't know any of the marketing people who worked on them would still be around, but this could be a hell of an interesting article for 007 Magazine or Mi6 Confidential. Or for one of the fan sites.

#3 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thunderball radio spots are on the SE/UE DVD and Blu-ray copies of the film.

I'm not sure about spots from AVTAK onward. Radio was huge for advertising films in previous years, but not so much from the '80s up til now. I don't recall hearing any ads for movies these days on radio.

It would be cool to have a list of the radio spots, breaking them down, etc. I don't know any of the marketing people who worked on them would still be around, but this could be a hell of an interesting article for 007 Magazine or Mi6 Confidential. Or for one of the fan sites.

Agreed I would love to see an article or write up on the marketing of the films. There's a great feature on the Open University series of The Spy Who Loved Me where they talk about marketing for that film. Great stuff.

I am aware that there are the ads on the DVD's and blu rays, but I am not sure how to export them to a cd or itunes.

I'm sure there are radio spots A View To A Kill, Daylights and LTK. I recall hearing radio spots for Star Trek 6, which came out in 1991.

Anyway. I have quite a few of them now but do have some holes that I am trying to fill.

Thanks for the post!