4 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Recently I have been watching through the TV series "Chuck" for the first time on Netflix and have been duly impressed with a minor roll which Timothy Dalton plays on the show in the fourth season...and may I say he was brilliant.  The character allowed him to be alternately timid, twisted, and menacing - often switching between moods in an instant.  He managed to be both funny and frightening.  An absolutely wonderful perfermance!

Any other "Chuck" fans catch Dalton's performance?  Thoughts on how he did?  I've never seen him in a roll where he could be so diverse.  IMHO, Dalton is the best overall ACTOR (emphasis on the "actor") who ever played Bond.

#2 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

Yes, yes!  He was wonderful on "Chuck".  And hopefully, he will work more in the future.  Wait for "Penny Dreadful"!

#3 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yes, yes!  He was wonderful on "Chuck".  And hopefully, he will work more in the future.  Wait for "Penny Dreadful"!

Agreed.  Dalton was brilliant on Chuck.  I thought that he was instrumental in helping the series recover after a dreadful third season.  I thought the creative team had started to regain their footing towards the end of Season 3 and had really gotten the show close to its quality in the first two seasons as Season 4 began, but when that scene with Dalton happened at the end of his first episode (those who have seen the show know exactly what scene I'm talking about), that was when the show really got itself back on track. 

#4 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:43 AM

tdalton...I completely agree.  In fact, has he ever had a roll which allowed him such a broad range of behavior, often strung together back to back...fearful to menacing, dangerous to love struck romantic, serious to quirky, deadly to friendly, often within moments of each other.  This was IMHO, the most brilliant story arc in Chuck. 

#5 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

tdalton...I completely agree.  In fact, has he ever had a roll which allowed him such a broad range of behavior, often strung together back to back...fearful to menacing, dangerous to love struck romantic, serious to quirky, deadly to friendly, often within moments of each other.  This was IMHO, the most brilliant story arc in Chuck. 

I can't imagine that too many people have had such a role.  I remember when they finally got done with Season 4 and

Spoiler
, the thought came to me that this character could have been a complete disaster in a lesser actor's hands.  There are a few characters and situations like that on Chuck, where the actors tend to make some of the most ridiculous stuff come across as believable, but this was one that really showed an actor's ability to maneuver such a complex and, at times, ridiculous role.