#1 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

http://www.xboxachie...-Bond-Game.html

"I'm a giant James Bond fan and I'm always frustrated by games that make him a mass murderer," said Bruner. "He's a super-spy, and that's a different skillset. The films make him less of a mass murderer, and there's not much killing in the books - more spying and intrigue."

Edited by Walecs, 06 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#2 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

BEAT ME TO IT! I was just about to post this. I hope that it's decent that's all I am saying. I have yet to play 007 Legends but I have heard it's crap so I might not waste my time.

#3 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

BEAT ME TO IT! I was just about to post this. I hope that it's decent that's all I am saying. I have yet to play 007 Legends but I have heard it's crap so I might not waste my time.

I've played it last week, and it's a really fun game, despite the few COD leftovers. However, I would recommend not to pay it more than 10 bucks (which is the price I paid it). It isn't worth more.

Also, the fun gameplay is the only good thing in the game. If you're looking for graphics, story, music or whatever, the game is not for you.

Edited by Walecs, 07 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#4 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I would be all for Telltale doing a Bond game. Especially one that is more Dr. No, than Die Another Day.

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I like what they have to say about spying and intrigue. I liked Blood Stone and the general direction it went in, though the others I have not really cared for. EA were better and had a good run with AuF, NF, EoN and FRWL. I even have a soft spot for Rogue Agent. GoldenEye Reloaded was quite good but felt no much different to the QoS game, and 007 Legends is just dire.

#6 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

GoldenEye Reloaded was quite good but felt no much different to the QoS game, and 007 Legends is just dire.

The QoS game was significantly better than Reloaded because of its interesting use of cover system and its generally well-produced presentation which really embraced the licence and had fun with it. Everything about Reloaded was drab and uninspired - a bit like the concept of the game itself.

#7 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

GoldenEye Reloaded was quite good but felt no much different to the QoS game, and 007 Legends is just dire.

The QoS game was significantly better than Reloaded because of its interesting use of cover system and its generally well-produced presentation which really embraced the licence and had fun with it. Everything about Reloaded was drab and uninspired - a bit like the concept of the game itself.

I definitely agree. QOS had a much better level design, and both single and multiplayer were a lot funnier. Also, the soundtrack of QOS was beautiful - even better than the one used in the movie - while Reloaded was... meh.

#8 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:21 AM

I just hope another developer comes along with passion and energy for the franchise. I really felt that with EA's Everything or Nothing. That's the standard we should be getting. Games like 007 Legends are simply not on. We can do so much better than that.

#9 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

this needs to happen, I've loved the work telltale have put out these past few years. their company logo is a mark of quality. They would make a really incredible bond game

#10 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:14 AM

Well, ladies and gents... It seems as though our opposite numbers over at MI6 HQ are reporting that this Telltale situation may not be dead in the water after all. According to the article, Telltale listed "007 SOLSTICE" on recent consumer surveys as potential content and/or title treatments.

Original article is here: https://www.mi6-hq.c...tale-games-leak

I for one, am a skeptic. The image within the piece itself is a little questionable. I have yet to hear the news anywhere else.

Opinions?

Edited by Trevelyan 006, 05 June 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#11 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

This is NOT good.

TellTale is not the company you want for a Bond game. This isn't going to be like GoldenEye or QOS, or even Bloodstone. Expect a mundane, episodic, quick time button mashing, dialogue heavy mess ala Walking Dead and/or Batman the TellTale series.

Just bad all around the board. Ugh.

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

Telltale's games really put you in the shoes of the chosen protagonist. Sure, the gameplay isn't elaborate, but the way you can decide how conversations play out really hooks me in. The recent Bond games have been generic shoot 'em ups that haven't properly tapped into Bond's character or his world. That's something Telltale could fix. I have my fingers crossed this becomes a reality. 

#13 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

Personally I loved their Batman series with its heavy leaning on investigation as well as careful choosing of responses to get characters to react in the best method for you. Given the move away from licensed games by major developers, Telltale is probably the best developer available amongst those now willing to do them. They could come up with something really interesting for the series, and it will be a nice change from the FPS format Bond games have mostly had (FRWL, EON and Bloodstones move to third person cover shooters, though favourites of mine, not really counting as a big shape up). Also having the companies co-founder being a fan of the character himself bodes well, as it makes it a passion project rather than just a quick money grab.

#14 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

I just want a bloody game at this point... Telltale or not.

For me, I've always been partial to the action-driven single player experiences of the past. Games like Everything or Nothing, From Russia With LoveBloodstone, 007 Nightfire, and even GoldenEye 007 had single player stories that I remember more fondly than their multiplayer experiences. When I go back to these games, it is for their single player levels, believe it or not.

In an era of gaming that is all about paid DLC, massive multiplayer platforms, and rank systems, I just want to go back to a time where you could sit down wth your complete game and be James Bond for a few hours.