#1 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Near where Bond's Bentley was destroyed in GOLDFINGER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

I stumbled across a poster for this show outside my local theatre here in Maidstone, a week before the show, and bought a ticket straight away, the only trouble was, it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales, and I have a feeeling it was cancelled at the next venue too, due to the same reason, but hee is the link

http://www.gavinrobertson.com/bond/

Thanks

SILVERTOE

Forgot to say, it was supposed to be perforemd on the 28th november, and the theatre are still dispalying the posters now!

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

So. A poster to a show that didn't actually... well, show. Hum, wonder why...

#3 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

The funny thing was, the little A5 size flyers for the show disappeared straight away, yet the large posters are still displayed under glass cases, advertising the show, like it is still gooig to be performed, complete with 28 NOVEMBER 2013 date on it

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Seems just putting 'Bond' onto anything isn't enough to count the cash by the shovel any more...

Strange thing is:
"Following his last show, CRUSOE, (Reviews on the Home page...) Gavin Robertson now focuses his attention on the Bond phenomenon, spoofing the movies eagerly awaited by millions, and exploding every cliche in the book(s)… solo! In which Bond meets his greatest arch-villain yet - Ian Fleming himself! Along with a French sidekick, and the usual female companion..."

This could actually really turn out to be fun, I've been dreaming for years about a meeting of Bond and his creator. But this would probably need a much higher public profile to succeed; and not just succeed with the geeks.

#5 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

I know what you mean, when i looked at the seating plans for the theatre that night, there were whol rows empty, with mainly just single seats taken here and there.....

HOWEVER, i have since found out that the show the next night went ahead, and played to a good sized audience, and the show will be back for the new year, dtaes to be posted on the website early next week........

I really hope i do get to see it this time around!