5 replies to this topic

#1 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

The second time Bond is captured by Wint and Kidd he's put in the trunk of their car. There's something that Bond smashes with his head that seems to have some signifigance. When he's taken out of the trunk, you see that it's broken. Does anyone know what it was? A tracking device from Leiter perhaps?

#2 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

It's a bottle of scent that falls out of one of the villains' pockets.  When it breaks, the scent spills on Bond, setting up the line, "One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief" and later "I've smelled that particular scent before."

#3 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

FWIW, the bottle falls out of Mr. Wint's jacket pocket and, according to Bond, contained "aftershave."    Bond's quote while confronting Wint aboard the ocean liner:  "That's rather potent.  Not the cork, your aftershave.  Strong enough to bury anything."

#4 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

It's a bottle of scent that falls out of one of the villains' pockets. When it breaks, the scent spills on Bond, setting up the line, "One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief" and later "I've smelled that particular scent before."

Yes, of course! Thanks!

#5 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

You see, Diamonds does have it's moments folks.

#6 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

You know that it took me literal years to finally realise what it was all about?!

I saw DAF for the first time when I hired it on video in 1984,

but only ten years ago I realised that it was just a bottle of after shave what got broken in the trunk of the car.

Ofcourse then finally for me also the conversation in the last scene with Wint and Kidd aboard the ocean liner made sens to  me. Haha!! ;)

Edited by Grard Bond, 23 December 2013 - 09:58 AM.