9 replies to this topic

#1 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hear me out on this one - How would it be if they set Bond 24 in 2010? I mean, we had "Young Bond" in CR, "Slightly Less Young Bond" in QOS, and then we went straight to "older Bond" in SF. They could set B24 in 2010, making it a stand-alone adventure of course. Maybe a shorter, fluffier entry then either QOS or SF (in the vein of TND, perhaps).

Then when the DVD comes out, we can place it between those two movies on the shelf. It would fill in the gaps, timeline-wise. Of course, they might have to do some CGI/makeup to make Daniel look like his 2010 self.

#2 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Making such a film as a standalone adventure wouldn't really make any sense.  The only reason to do make such a film would be to close out the Quantum storyline, which can't be realistically revisited in any of the upcoming Bond films as far too much time has passed since the events of Quantum of Solace.  EON just needs to keep moving forward with the Bond films.  The gap between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall (as well as the events of Skyfall) have already thrown the timeline of this rebooted Bond era a bit off course (i.e. no CR-QOS closure), but going back and trying to fix all of that would simply make things worse.

#3 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Its counter productive. Say Bond 24 (2015) was set in 2010, would Bond 25 then be set in 2015? They would always be playing catch up.

How about Daniel Craig plays Bond in the PTS of Bond 7's first film? A kind of passing of the torch. 

#4 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Its counter productive. Say Bond 24 (2015) was set in 2010, would Bond 25 then be set in 2015? They would always be playing catch up.

How about Daniel Craig plays Bond in the PTS of Bond 7's first film? A kind of passing of the torch. 

and then he regenerates during the title sequence?

#5 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I had the same idea, but that wouldn't work because that would mean not having new M, Moneypenny and Q.

#6 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I had the same idea, but that wouldn't work because that would mean not having new M, Moneypenny and Q.

Unless they *really* want to muck up the timeline...

#7 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

However, as I suggested in another thread, the PTS could take in the past (between QOS and Skyfall), like GoldenEye's PTS, and possibly show the death of Quantum's head, and the end of the organisation.

At that point either they continue the movie on a completely different story (like FYEO) or they reveal at the end of Bond 24 that Quantum's head is still alive and he has secretely grown up a new organisation... which will end up being SPECTRE. Then Bond 25, Craig's final film, will show Bond who takes down SPECTRE.

Edited by Walecs, 16 August 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#8 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

However, as I suggested in another thread, the PTS could take in the past (between QOS and Skyfall), like GoldenEye's PTS, and possibly show the death of Quantum's head, and the end of the organisation.

At that point either they continue the movie on a completely different story (like FYEO) or they reveal at the end of Bond 24 that Quantum's head is still alive and he has secretely grown up a new organisation... which will end up being SPECTRE. Then Bond 25, Craig's final film, will show Bond take down SPECTRE.

I like that idea a lot. They could even re-use and re-edit the footage shot for Mr White's death in QoS. Craig's age difference would be very obvious and the '10 years later' or whatever would be very convincing ;)

#9 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

At that point either they continue the movie on a completely different story (like FYEO) or they reveal at the end of Bond 24 that Quantum's head is still alive and he has secretely grown up a new organisation... which will end up being SPECTRE. Then Bond 25, Craig's final film, will show Bond take down SPECTRE.

I like that idea a lot. They could even re-use and re-edit the footage shot for Mr White's death in QoS. Craig's age difference would be very obvious and the '10 years later' or whatever would be very convincing ;)

Great idea! They should totally use that footage.

#10 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

I know it's pointless to try to go back and change the past, I just really wanted  to see a silly, fun adventure in the middle point of CraigBond's career, in that space between QOS and SF. I know it's a dumb idea. I also wanted there to be a third Dalton film too, but that's even less possible. 

"sigh"