#1 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hey all,

I've been quiet... but oh so busy and now that my last project is complete it's time to announce it.  I've just completed a 40 minute Goldeneye 64 orchestration project.  This is a bit different than my previous bond music and album releases as it is going to be produced by Joypad Records which means the tunes are officially licensed and I have already received support from the games original composer, Grant Kirkhope.  In fact he has retweeted several of the tracks I have posted on soundcloud... pretty cool.

The album will be available to purchase as a lossless and DRM free version via loudr/Joypad  (in MP3, Flac, Ogg, etc) and itunes for $9.99 within the next month (once licensing and distribution is complete).  This is very exciting news as it is the first official Bond release I've ever completed... and believe me when I say that it is some of my best Bond music to date.  The album even has a rousing (and complete) version of the James Bond Theme to round it out.

Once again, this album is completed.. and recently submitted to Joypad for licensing.  As soon as it has been released I'll repost here.

Here are a few track samples to wet your appetites (including the previously mentioned version of the bond theme):

http://soundcloud.co...64-orchestrated

Goldeneye64OrchestratedCover_SM.jpg

Complete Tracklist:

1.  Logos / Briefing *

2.  Dam *

3.  Facility *

4.  Watch *

5.  Runway *

6.  Surface

7.  Bunker *

8.  Statue

9.  Archives *

10. Depot *

11. Control *

12. Caverns *

13. Aztec

14. Egyptian

16. James Bond Theme *

TRT: 40 mins

* - contains portions of the James Bond Theme

As you can see it's a nearly complete cover release of the games soundtrack chock full of many cool iterations of the James Bond Theme.  I intentionally left off tracks like Frigate, Bunker 2, and Silo as they were mainly just regurgitations of the bond theme.. which just felt redundant at this point.

There are also lots of nods to both the original games score and Eric Serras film score.  I actually found the exact and familiar "metal clang" sample utilized in both scores which is used liberally throughout.   Also tracked down the same timpani drum sample Serra utilized for "The Goldeneye Overture" which is utilized in Bunker.  Pretty cool and authentic homage.  Nods aside, this is a very epic and cinematic reorchestration so don't expect too many synth and electronic percussion elements.  They're there.. but mainly for backing the orchestra adding some interesting low end and used fairly sporadically (save for a common synth lead used throughout).  I pretty much directly interpreted the themes from the game with lots of orchestral embellishments and kept the bond theme at the end very classic in sound.

Super excited about this release and ready to unleash it onto the bond community!  James Bond and Goldeneye 007 will return soon.

Oh and if you'd like to keep up with me and my music via twitter.. please feel free to do so :)  @@RDouglasMusic

Rich

#2 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

That's a nice gesture... but, I don't really want to be apart of GE:S.  No time for free work.. and I certainly don't want them including MP3s of this release with future builds since it's going to be for sale and such.  

Not trying to be negative, but I feel like I did all I can with this Goldeneye album and don't feel the need to redo much of anything especially for a mod.  I've definitely moved on in my career and haven't done any mod work (or really felt the need to) for the better part of two years.

Everyone that has heard the full release so far really like it.. I think you guys will truly enjoy this one!

Rich

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Holy moly. This is phenomenal work. I'm very excited to hear this in it's full form!

#4 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Glad to hear it!

Hopefully it'll be out soon!

#5 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

It'll be available to purchase from loudr and itunes for $9.99.

Loudr is Joypad Records' site and I really dig it as you can pay via amazon, google, or paypal and the formats are lossless and drm free. As soon as its released I'll post a link here and I'm currently working with Dave to get a feature put up on the CBn main page.

Rich

#6 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Archives sounds so cool. Nice work!

#7 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

I just heard from my Joypad contact and they are currently working on licensing the tunes. My guess is that it'll be live within the week, cool stuff!

I truly think this is my best Bond work to date and spent tons of time studying the game score and working in getting the masters just right. Its sort of my James Bond opus....for the moment anyway. :)

Rich

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Fantastic! I'm looking extremely forward to this. 

Got any more Bond work planned? It would be great to hear some more rescores from you! I was always fond of your GoldenEye ones! Would be nice to hear a new bombastic Bond theme variation over some of the Craig era action sequences!

#9 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Awesome work, keep doing it.

#10 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Sweet. 

#11 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

This is awesome!  "Archive" sounds great.  So much better than the TND game score which got an official release.  I'm glad it's licensed too.  Thanks for all the hard work. :)

#12 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

The album is not live and available to purchase!

http://www.loudr.fm/...hestrated/S7vvd

Enjoy!

#13 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well, wrote you trough Twitter, but just for the record, I shared it :)

http://goldeneyedoss...ch-douglas.html

Congrats again!

#14 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

How did you do that low pitched sound, for example, in Caverns music at 0:04, 0:09 and 0:14? It was also used in the movie.

#15 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

The patch "infinite one" from a proteus 2 sampler and the same one used in the film.  Also, my version of Bunker uses the same Timpani that serra utilized in "The Goldeneye Overture".   Wanted to be as authentic as possible!

Rich

#16 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Many thanks.

#17 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG